11 catalytic converters stolen from 6 UPS trucks in Lufkin

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
11 catalytic converters stolen from 6 UPS trucks in Lufkin - KLTV

Eleven catalytic converters were stolen from six UPS trucks according to UPS manager Susan Hannah.

Lufkin police responded to the United Parcel Service at 2805 S. First Street where the trucks were parked overnight. Hannah spoke with her mechanic who parked one of the affected trucks in the parking lot on Wednesday at 1:30 a.m., so she believes the theft occurred after that time.

Police report the crew began driving the trucks off the lot at approximately 9:30 a.m., realizing there were problems and returned or stayed at the location.

oldngray

nowhere special
Stealing those from cars was a big things a few years ago. Until the cops started cracking down on the recyclers buying them.

rod

Retired 22 years
They didn't have to worry about stuff like that back when----all every truck had on it was a $19.99 cheap ass muffler that you could split apart easily by shutting off the ignition while driving- pumping the gas a couple of times and turning the ignition back on. KA-POW.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They didn't have to worry about stuff like that back when----all every truck had on it was a $19.99 cheap ass muffler that you could split apart easily by shutting off the ignition while driving- pumping the gas a couple of times and turning the ignition back on. KA-POW.
That sure was loud inside our building. After automotive had to replace several exploded mufflers, it was an automatic warning letter if you got caught doing it.

rod

Retired 22 years
That sure was loud inside our building. After automotive had to replace several exploded mufflers, it was an automatic warning letter if you got caught doing it.
Our mechanic got tired of it also. Anyone caught doing this was guaranteed no new snow recaps for winter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol, the old GMC's would do that. I would do that for fun delivering in apartment buildings.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol, the old GMC's would do that. I would do that for fun delivering in apartment buildings.
I think most any of them would do that before catalytic converters came along. I know my P-800 Ford 300ci 6 cylinder would. I was pulled aside by the mechanic after I split my second muffler and had half the other guys doing the same thing and given a friendly lecture. Didn't do it anymore.