2004' for the UPS #88

W

wkmac

Horrible season doesn't even begin to describe the 03' season but next year should see some improvement. NASCAR has approved a new cylinder head for the Ford's that will give an extra 20 hp which is a lot in this arena. Ford will also have a new nose and rear deck that should be better aero wise and allow the Ford to be more competitive. The GM teams especially the Chevy boys ie Childress, Hendrick amd Gibb racing have worked this past year in a tech alliance that did yield results. Yates and Rousch Racing have announced their own alliance for next year in which Yates will provide motor technology and Rousch will provide chassis and suspension technology. Many believe this alliance should yield results for both the Yates and Rousch bunch because outside of Matt Kenseth and a few bright moments by Kurt Busch, the Ford bunch did little of nothing. Even Robbie Ryser (Matt's crewchief) admitted they were building soft motors to last and with the handling Matt did the rest. At Homestead they had it locked up so they built a bullet piece and it lasted 21 laps before it kicked a rod.

Hope to see Dale and Elliot both get competitive next year but still pulling for Harvick or Stewart to win the points. I know, I'm a traitor!

W

wkmac

#88 gets new crewchief for 2004'

No PTjon I didn't forget Dale Jr. I'll let you pull for him.

diesel96

Re: 2004' for the UPS #88

Boy,what a waste of sponsorship $$$$$$$$,If Dale Jarret was a pkg driver he'd by fired for performance issues.I think he needs an OJS ride?He can't even qualify to race.To bad we moved to Toyota with Micheal Waltrip.We could of had a shot for Dale Earnhardt JR if UPS Racing went to Chevy.Who's making decisions for UPS racing,they can't even get any quality advertising for all that chump change UPS is putting out.Anyhow JJ#48 has been my driver for the last 6-7 yrs now.Its the reason I shop at LOWES,Not Home Depot cause Tony Stewart is just to arrogant for me.See how advertisng dollars are well spent.UPS Racing needs to pick up the pace,Fed Ex car is much more competitve!!

Dutch Dawg

......Anyhow JJ#48 has been my driver for the last 6-7 yrs now.Its the reason I shop at LOWES,Not Home Depot cause Tony Stewart is just to arrogant for me.See how advertisng dollars are well spent.UPS Racing needs to pick up the pace,Fed Ex car is much more competitve!!

Some shared observations you've provoked on my part:

While some people may disagree as to how hard I work for my $$. I feel I work too hard for it to spend based on Nascar favorites. I'd rather product quality and value be my purchase decision criteria.

Even if all the planets were somehow properly aligned, there would still be less than a snowball's chance in South Central LA of Jr and UPS teaming up.

As the $$ belt at UPS constantly gets tighter. I'd be more inclined to say UPS driver sponsorship would end before they will find a better driver.

Yea we still take a moment to talk about the top ten Nascar finishers on Monday at work and then joke about how Dale may be driving a truck and delivering packages sooner than he's ready to. I've pretty much stopped watching the races live and from what I hear I'm not setting a trend.

outamyway

Boy,what a waste of sponsorship $$$$$$$$,If Dale Jarret was a pkg driver he'd by fired for performance issues.I think he needs an OJS ride?He can't even qualify to race.To bad we moved to Toyota with Micheal Waltrip.We could of had a shot for Dale Earnhardt JR if UPS Racing went to Chevy.Who's making decisions for UPS racing,they can't even get any quality advertising for all that chump change UPS is putting out.Anyhow JJ#48 has been my driver for the last 6-7 yrs now.Its the reason I shop at LOWES,Not Home Depot cause Tony Stewart is just to arrogant for me.See how advertisng dollars are well spent.UPS Racing needs to pick up the pace,Fed Ex car is much more competitve!!

I hate to see people just blame Jarret for the poor performance of the UPS 44 this year. It's the same as someone talking to me about a problem they had with a package they received from UPS and me knowing I had absolutley nothing to do with.

It takes an enormous team effort for someone like Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, to consistantly place or win the way they do.

The UPS Nascar team was mediocre at best before they switched to Toyota now it's just sad. Two DNQ's in a row now and there will be more.

Hopefully the new crew chief will stir the pot a bit:thumbup1:

UPS Lifer

DJ's style of driving seemed to change after Earnhardt SR final crash. He is WAY to conservative a driver to win anything anymore. it is a shame. He needs to become aggressive if he ever wants another top 10 finish. I don't think he can do it. I only hope he makes a lier out of me.

diesel96

I hate to see people just blame Jarret for the poor performance of the UPS 44 this year. It's the same as someone talking to me about a problem they had with a package they received from UPS and me knowing I had absolutley nothing to do with.

It takes an enormous team effort for someone like Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, to consistantly place or win the way they do.

Since Team UPS inaugural season (which was pretty competetive)Dale Jarret and his crew have progressively declined each year to the point where he's not even qualifiying races.His reputatation has been known to sit in the back of the pack ,avoid mishaps in front of him,then make a run at the end of the race,by then he's down 1 or 2 laps.I know he's a good guy and all that and a good clean cut spokesman but if you were spending millons on advertising and UPS isn't mention during the race,something's gotta give.

If you would put a Gordon, JJ or a Tony Stewart caliber driver in the 88/44 car, we would see better results with the same UPS Racing Team,no doubt.(Eliott Sadler even did better with Yates Racing )So yes,I am holding Dale Jarret accountable for the poor showing with UPS Racing Team.

Or

If you put Jarret in the 48 JJ car or the 20 Stewart car the past 2 seasons I dont think he would walk away as Champions like those guys did.Not even close.

Dale's best years was with Ford Quality when he won a championship,now it's time to join his old man in the annoucer's booth