2021 - The Year Of The Cicada

Have you ever tasted cicadas?

• Yes

• No

• No but I'd like to try 'em!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t even like those shells they leave around.
I hear them all the time, but I’ve only ever seen one in the flesh twice and each time was horrifying.

Look at those big nasty *ing red eyes like what do you even see with those, they aren’t even practical. Whatever created cicadas is clearly sick in the head. Cicadas are part of the reason I don’t believe in any moral creator and why no one should want to have to be stuck for eternity with whatever decided creating cicadas was a good idea.
I've lived in the South my entire life and have never heard of anyone eating cicadas. I don't know what kind of disgusting third world chicom crap this is.

El Correcto

god is dead
I've lived in the South my entire life and have never heard of anyone eating cicadas. I don't know what kind of disgusting third world chicom crap this is.
Must of been some Great Depression mentality in that house hold growing up. My grandpa ate possum but he was basically homeless from a pretty young age.

El Correcto

god is dead

Yeah dude keep eating cicadas the bat plague wasn’t enough.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Racist bastard!
1598337608285.png

El Correcto

god is dead
“Cicadas infected with the parasitic fungus Massospora unknowingly engage in trickery with their fellow insects, resulting in effective disease transmission, according to new research. Massospora manipulates male cicadas into flicking their wings like females - a mating invitation - which tempts unsuspecting male cicadas and infects them.”

It would be like a trans zombie apocalypse, don’t let the left wingers know about this. They’ll try to make your children eat zombie cicadas at school.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
“Cicadas infected with the parasitic fungus Massospora unknowingly engage in trickery with their fellow insects, resulting in effective disease transmission, according to new research. Massospora manipulates male cicadas into flicking their wings like females - a mating invitation - which tempts unsuspecting male cicadas and infects them.”

It would be like a trans zombie apocalypse, don’t let the left wingers know about this. They’ll try to make your children eat zombie cicadas at school.
I offer thanks from all the people who care about the subject and do not understand how to click on the link.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

So there IS a natural cause for homosexuality, it’s caused by a parasitic fungus. You’ve been vindicated, @El Correcto ! :grouphugg:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think covid has taken its toll on the cicadas, here. Just heard one or two this year. Kinda disappointed.
Turns out you haven't heard them because of racism...... SMH.

When students ask me why they haven’t seen or heard the cicadas, I want to answer truthfully and completely. That means discussing the history of racial segregation in our city and the lasting effects of environmental injustice.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Turns out you haven't heard them because of racism...... SMH.

When students ask me why they haven’t seen or heard the cicadas, I want to answer truthfully and completely. That means discussing the history of racial segregation in our city and the lasting effects of environmental injustice.
Pharaoh Cicadas are a product of White Privilege???

ROFLMFAO