Jeepers

I'm a 25 year FT employee and have spent the last 7 years on a 22.3 position. I'm wanting to get off my 22.3 position and go back to a FT driving position. I've been told I have to wait until there's a FT opening or a 22.4 opening before that can happen. Is this true? Also when I bid the 22.3 position it was a Monday-Friday now it's Tues-Saturday. I feel with them changing the schedule of my bid I should have the option to bid off of it. Any thoughts or language out there?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I'm a 25 year FT employee and have spent the last 7 years on a 22.3 position. I'm wanting to get off my 22.3 position and go back to a FT driving position. I've been told I have to wait until there's a FT opening or a 22.4 opening before that can happen. Is this true? Also when I bid the 22.3 position it was a Monday-Friday now it's Tues-Saturday. I feel with them changing the schedule of my bid I should have the option to bid off of it. Any thoughts or language out there?
@542thruNthru

Shift Inhibit

Here you have to wait until FT driving bid becomes available, can’t bump anyone unless layoffs. We had a guy go back driving after doing 22.3 combo job for years. Signed bid , no integrad. He was Driving the following Monday

Shift Inhibit

I was going to answer but it seem kind of obvious that he'd have to wait for a bid. He may be able to file for changing his bid position but that's something he needs to talk to the BA about.
Yea. He made it sound like he wants to bump someone off there driving job lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm a 25 year FT employee and have spent the last 7 years on a 22.3 position. I'm wanting to get off my 22.3 position and go back to a FT driving position. I've been told I have to wait until there's a FT opening or a 22.4 opening before that can happen. Is this true?

Yep.

Also when I bid the 22.3 position it was a Monday-Friday now it's Tues-Saturday. I feel with them changing the schedule of my bid I should have the option to bid off of it. Any thoughts or language out there?

Read your supplement, talk with your Steward, or BA.

Obviously I'd bump somebody but my 22.3 position would open up. There's another driver that's wanting to switch but the powers that be said that can't happen

Kind of what I thought.

There are bidding procedures that must be followed. You cant just switch with someone.

Guy's been @ UPS for 25 years, and has to come here to ask this question.

I'll bet it's not just the part-timers that don't bother to vote....

PizzaToUps

You have to wait for a new full time RPCD position to be available and you need to be signed up for the PT to Full time list for RPCD. If you take the full time RPCD position, just know that you’ll be on the bottom of that list. I’d stay with the 22.3 and just try to bid into a 22.2

You have to wait for a new full time RPCD position to be available and you need to be signed up for the PT to Full time list for RPCD. If you take the full time RPCD position, just know that you’ll be on the bottom of that list. I’d stay with the 22.3 and just try to bid into a 22.2
At my building you would be pushing 70 before you got a chance at a 22.2 job.

Jeepers

Yep.

Read your supplement, talk with your Steward, or BA.

Kind of what I thought.

Guy's been @ UPS for 25 years, and has to come here to ask this question.

I'll bet it's not just the part-timers that don't bother to vote....
Thanks for the answers but the ending condescending comments were unnecessary..
1. I've looked at the master and my supplemental and couldn't find anything about bidding off a 22.3. If I had a law degree to decipher all the gray area verbiage for every article and supplement I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
2. If everyone I ask didn't start out every answer by "I think but im not sure" I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
3. If my old local rep didn't tell me my position iwas Monday-Friday only to have his replacement change my schedule to Tuesday-Saturday a few months later I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
As far as voting big guy I quit voting after Hoffa rigged his election only to cut our pensions, let UPS implement the 22.4 disaster, full day Saturdays, became a political mouth piece for the democratic party and wouldn't let us strike in protest to any of it. If you're only here to belittle people then the next time you see my name keep scrolling.

542thruNthru

Thanks for the answers but the ending condescending comments were unnecessary..
1. I've looked at the master and my supplemental and couldn't find anything about bidding off a 22.3. If I had a law degree to decipher all the gray area verbiage for every article and supplement I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
You don't bid off a position. You bid a new position.
2. If everyone I ask didn't start out every answer by "I think but im not sure" I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
Did you contact your BA at your local. Something tells me you didn't so next time ask the right person.
3. If my old local rep didn't tell me my position iwas Monday-Friday only to have his replacement change my schedule to Tuesday-Saturday a few months later I wouldn't have to be here asking this question.
Your local rep didn't change your position. UPS did.
As far as voting big guy I quit voting after Hoffa rigged his election only to cut our pensions, let UPS implement the 22.4 disaster, full day Saturdays, became a political mouth piece for the democratic party and wouldn't let us strike in protest to any of it. If you're only here to belittle people then the next time you see my name keep scrolling.
Something tells me you're in a right to work state and do not pay union dues.