3 safety violations in a year...

BUCN85

When you are entered to a local level hearing for safety violations whether it be getting stuck. Backing accidents or anything to do with safety observations you automatically get sent to a hearing after 3 in a year. Does that year run Jan-Dec. or when you accrued your first violation. Say July-July ?

barnyard

KTM rider
I am sure that it depends on where you are and how well liked you are. I have always seen it go by the anniversary of the 1st incident.

BUCN85

Ok that is what i thought. But what about if your 3rd incident happened in Dec. then does that mean you have to wait till the following Dec for your slate is cleared.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ok that is what i thought. But what about if your 3rd incident happened in Dec. then does that mean you have to wait till the following Dec for your slate is cleared.
Don't worry about when it clears, just focus on not hitting things and you'll be better off.

35years

Gravy route
May be differences in supplements but...

-First of all I believe it is in a 9 month period, not a full year. Discipline falls off after 9 months.

-Had my BA tell me little violations, even little accidents can never get you permanently fired no matter how many. Even if you have a serious accident the little ones before hand do not determine if the termination sticks for the big one. We had one guy with 5 avoidables in 9 months...His termination did not stick.

-They will try to pressure you. If you have an unreported accident and don't get caught they win because it is one less on them. If you do get caught, they win because they can fire you. REPORT all accidents! You won't loose your job that way unless it is a serious accident.

-I have never heard of this BS (3 safety violations automatically going anywhere)
When you say local level hearing are you just talking about a single warning letter hearing with your steward? They can try to give you a warning letter for anything. Just grieve it.

BUCN85

May be differences in supplements but...

-First of all I believe it is in a 9 month period, not a full year. Discipline falls off after 9 months.

-Had my BA tell me little violations, even little accidents can never get you permanently fired no matter how many. Even if you have a serious accident the little ones before hand do not determine if the termination sticks for the big one. We had one guy with 5 avoidables in 9 months...His termination did not stick.

-They will try to pressure you. If you have an unreported accident and don't get caught they win because it is one less on them. If you do get caught, they win because they can fire you. REPORT all accidents! You won't loose your job that way unless it is a serious accident.

-I have never heard of this BS (3 safety violations automatically going anywhere)
When you say local level hearing are you just talking about a single warning letter hearing with your steward? They can try to give you a warning letter for anything. Just grieve it.
Nope. 3 warning letters since July all safety related. 1 backing accident and 2 safety violations

Dr.Brownz

Nope. 3 warning letters since July all safety related. 1 backing accident and 2 safety violations

It should be thrown out if they are saying the 2 "violations" are progressive discipline from the backing accident. The company has already agreed to the notion that the purpose of discipline is to correct problem behaviors, not punish, so unless they have multiple letters for the same violations then that means nothing. Whoever is being targeted in this way should be filing harassment grievances daily.