36 years at Central States ?

beatupbrown

This might be a thread that is seen too much , I have buddy that just retired with 36 years he is bit odd will not talk about his pension so be it !! I am guessing $4300

Johney

This might be a thread that is seen too much , I have buddy that just retired with 36 years he is bit odd will not talk about his pension so be it !! I am guessing $4300
Mine at 35 years would've been $4300. I left at 33 years and got $4000 which half will be paid by CS at 65.

rod

Retired 22 years
I get $3,000 for 30 years. Believe me 3k is not the same now as it was when I retired in 2001. :-)

Last edited:
All kidding aside I took care of her in other ways,to the extent that she wouldnt need the surviorship
I've just heard too many horror stories over the years.
Somebody I know very well, and his dad retired he didn't take any survivorship out for his wife. He didn't live very long and she was poor for the rest of her life

Brownwind

I've just heard too many horror stories over the years.
Somebody I know very well, and his dad retired he didn't take any survivorship out for his wife. He didn't live very long and she was poor for the rest of her life
Life insurance helps a little. But you’re right about the horror stories. Way too many don’t plan

qdg2

Why don't you just use the retirement calculator at upsers?
People get wildly different estimations. My experience was that the actual payment was different. I hear this and that.....about how Bob is getting $800 more than anyone else.....mine seemed to match exactly what was in the contract. So, just know that you are dealing with folks that surely don't care about your retirement. When you ask questions....they are going to respond from a well worn script. And how do you know what's right? Exactly?
I have found that many fellow retirees won't talk about their retirement. Many have lot's of ex-wives and different scenarios.

I had more than 36 years but the pay increases stop at 35 years(my experience).

You won't know exactly how much until you apply and sign the paperwork. Until then....it's just an estimate.

The whole packet is only about 5 pages unless you have a complicated past(I didn't) with marriages and such. You choose spousal benefits and where to send the money(direct deposit). We(Wife/I) buy insurance @$200 each($400 month) until 65(we are 60). So far, the insurance has been a lateral(same) level of benefits and procedures(they said it would be). It's all automatic. I just got an $11k vacation payout and I'm officially done with UPS. Well....except that monthly check! I've gotten 2 so far.

Johney

People get wildly different estimations. My experience was that the actual payment was different. I hear this and that.....about how Bob is getting $800 more than anyone else.....mine seemed to match exactly what was in the contract. So, just know that you are dealing with folks that surely don't care about your retirement. When you ask questions....they are going to respond from a well worn script. And how do you know what's right? Exactly?

I have found that many fellow retirees won't talk about their retirement. Many have lot's of ex-wives and different scenarios.

I had more than 36 years but the pay increases stop at 35 years(my experience).

You won't know exactly how much until you apply and sign the paperwork. Until then....it's just an estimate.

The whole packet is only about 5 pages unless you have a complicated past(I didn't) with marriages and such. You choose spousal benefits and where to send the money(direct deposit). We(Wife/I) buy insurance @$200 each($400 month) until 65(we are 60). So far, the insurance has been a lateral(same) level of benefits and procedures(they said it would be). It's all automatic. I just got an $11k vacation payout and I'm officially done with UPS. Well....except that monthly check! I've gotten 2 so far.
If you are in Teamcare retirement benefits(sounds like you are)give it a few month's to catch up, the level of benefits are no where near the same. Still not bad for only $400 a month for yourself and spouse, but no where near the same level as when working. Give it some time you'll see.

beatupbrown

Another buddy checked out at 30 years same plan he was complaining money tighter then he thought .He was done not willing to go to feeders . I don't think he was doing much in 401-k .