3rd Quarter Numbers...

dezguy

It's also a euphemism for an accident/injury waiting to happen. At least now we have one of our finest managerial clowns going on record that they want us to speed and disregard our safety and that of the public's as well to make our numbers. Thanks Dano59.

It's great when they do ultimately get hurt. Before the injury, they're best buddies with the manager and the managers go to guy but then they're thrown under the bus for not following BP. I've seen it happen quite a few times and get a good laugh at their expense.

They think they're going to change route numbers but when management takes your last 6 weeks and drop the 2 highs and 2 lowest weeks, to figure out your 10 80, unless you're taking 3 weeks off at a time, all they're doing is extra work for nothing.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Speed is the euphemism for effort. Some people forget that we need to hustle. If they don't have it in them, that's fine, but they don't need to be employed here.
You're so full of crap. If Fred doesn't care about habitually late freight, then why should drivers hustle? Most long time employees have "given up" and Fred is to blame and so are shills like you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Serf

was never a PTer. I was hired off the street to drive and was FT in 11 month

Good for you man. I'm in the same boat. Just trying to figure out how I can balance both full time commitments to Express and my business. I love how everyone else see's what you wrote and automatically discredits it. Like you had to have had preference over someone. And no way you could actually come here and work hard and earn an opportunity lol!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's also a euphemism for an accident/injury waiting to happen. At least now we have one of our finest managerial clowns going on record that they want us to speed and disregard our safety and that of the public's as well to make our numbers. Thanks Dano59.

LOL, really? When did I ever say to speed??? LOL!!! Some people are slugs and some people hustle. There's a difference between hustling and running. People with decent sense know the difference. It's always the dead weight who immediately say, "THEY WANT US TO SPEED AND WORK UNSAFELY" whenever work pace is brought up.

59 Dano

You're so full of crap. If Fred doesn't care about habitually late freight, then why should drivers hustle? Most long time employees have "given up" and Fred is to blame and so are shills like you.

Don't blame others because you're lazy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good for you man. I'm in the same boat. Just trying to figure out how I can balance both full time commitments to Express and my business. I love how everyone else see's what you wrote and automatically discredits it. Like you had to have had preference over someone. And no way you could actually come here and work hard and earn an opportunity lol!

I love wide-eyed rookies at FedEx. They're so cute. You seem like a decent, hard working guy. I genuinely hope you never get injured or displaced while working for FedEx. THEN you will see what your hard work will do for you.

hypo hanna

LOL, really? When did I ever say to speed??? LOL!!! Some people are slugs and some people hustle. There's a difference between hustling and running. People with decent sense know the difference. It's always the dead weight who immediately say, "THEY WANT US TO SPEED AND WORK UNSAFELY" whenever work pace is brought up.
BS!
I have seen how these goals are set. It is not based solely on hard data. I have seen exceptional drivers who are nailing their numbers see their goals arbitrarily increased to boost overall station numbers. I have seen areas go through major changes like construction zones and mgmt refuses to adjust the goals.
Sure there are lazy drivers but that's hardly the norm. And your assumption that any driver who says he is being pushed into unsafe practices is lazy is both wrong and typical of someone who sits behind a desk all day reading macro reports.

59 Dano

BS!
I have seen exceptional drivers who are nailing their numbers see their goals arbitrarily increased to boost overall station numbers. I have seen areas go through major changes like construction zones and mgmt refuses to adjust the goals.

I've seen that too, and that's wrong.

And your assumption that any driver who says he is being pushed into unsafe practices is lazy is both wrong and typical of someone who sits behind a desk all day reading macro reports.

What's with your reading comprehension? I didn't say that..

hypo hanna

I've seen that too, and that's wrong.

What's with your reading comprehension? I didn't say that..

It's always the dead weight who immediately say, "THEY WANT US TO SPEED AND WORK UNSAFELY" whenever work pace is brought up.

I'd say my reading comprehension is just fine.

59 Dano

It's always the dead weight who immediately say, "THEY WANT US TO SPEED AND WORK UNSAFELY" whenever work pace is brought up.

Exactly. The dead weight respond to any comment about pace with that type of remark. That is not to say that anyone who makes a remark about safety is dead weight.

Sort of like the difference between saying "All NFL players are men" and "All men are NFL players."

I'd say your comprehension could use some work.

hypo hanna

Exactly. The dead weight respond to any comment about pace with that type of remark. That is not to say that anyone who makes a remark about safety is dead weight.

Sort of like the difference between saying "All NFL players are men" and "All men are NFL players."

I'd say your comprehension could use some work.
You are compleaty wrong. Plenty of excellant drivers say the same thing and they say it not because they are lazy but because they are concerned with safety. Their own personal safety and for the safety of others around them.
It's your use of the word "always" that makes the differance. Had you said something like, "
It's sometimes the dead weight who immediately say, "THEY WANT US TO SPEED AND WORK UNSAFELY" whenever work pace is brought up", I wouldn't have questioned it.

Again, there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. When you make absolute statements like that , you attempt to paint any driver who suggest such a thing as a slacker. Convienant for management but compleaty overlooks what may be some very real safety concerns on the part of the driver.

Serf

I love wide-eyed rookies at FedEx. They're so cute. You seem like a decent, hard working guy. I genuinely hope you never get injured or displaced while working for FedEx. THEN you will see what your hard work will do for you.
Thanks, Appreciate it. God forbid I do get injured. I have other income streams, benefits, safety nets if you will. Hard work will always trump anything.