6 Weeks into Part Time Preload, am I in the clear?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
this is terrible advice and a complete waste of time.

especially coming from a clown who never worked part time here.
I dont usually agree with upstate on anything but sitting down with the person who does the hiring is always good advice

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I suggest he show up on time everyday. Do the job. And wait for the phone call after the slow time.

Yes.

Yes.

No, hence the "sit down with your supervisor..." part of my post.

What if he sat around for a month or so not knowing that the company had no intention of bringing him back? He could have found another job in that time and been able to pay his bills.

We are talking about a less than 5 minute chat. "Boss, what did you think of the job that I did and do you think that there is a chance that I will be called come back when things pick up?"

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes.

Yes.

No, hence the "sit down with your supervisor..." part of my post.

What if he sat around for a month or so not knowing that the company had no intention of bringing him back? He could have found another job in that time and been able to pay his bills.

We are talking about a less than 5 minute chat. "Boss, what did you think of the job that I did and do you think that there is a chance that I will be called come back when things pick up?"

supervisor has zero power when it comes to this. Showing up on time everyday is the best thing you can do for yourself.

talking to a supe is going to do nothing except give the poor kid false hope.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

supervisor has zero power when it comes to this. Showing up on time everyday is the best thing you can do for yourself.

talking to a supe is going to do nothing except give the poor kid false hope.

No----it will give him a good idea of whether he should wait or look for work elsewhere.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
No----it will give him a good idea of whether he should wait or look for work elsewhere.
Again, a waste of time.

a supervisor has zero insight on the company. They cannot predict future volume. HR cannot predict future volume. Show up on time and do the job. His job is based on volume of work. Not brown nosing

sandwich

The resident gearhead
i am talking about the center manager
I don’t know. Seems like a big ol waste of time. Especially if he’s in a large building.

Kid is gonna hear nothing but empty promises. It’s probably better for him to not get his hopes up and just wait for the call.

542thruNthru

what do you call the person who runs the building

The person that runs the whole building? Division Manager. The person that runs just the preload? Preload manager. The person that runs a Center? Center manager. The person that runs twilight? Twilight Manager.

We have multiple centers in our building. I'm guessing you're in a smaller building. So the center manager is responsible for everything in the building?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The person that runs the whole building? Division Manager. The person that runs just the preload? Preload manager. The person that runs a Center? Center manager. The person that runs twilight? Twilight Manager.

We have multiple centers in our building. I'm guessing you're in a smaller building. So the center manager is responsible for everything in the building?
Correct

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ah, that explains the difference in our point of view. My building has multiple centers and multiple full time preload supes and managers. Talking to anyone of them for any reason would just get lost in the shuffle. Not to mention we have a large transient part time work force. I’ve worked in a few buildings and they have all been that way.

PT Car Washer

And don't forget about the twilight Hub manager the midnight Hub manager and the Feeder manager. Also Plant engineering, Porters, package car mechanics, tractor mechanics. Trailer mechanics, car wash sup. It is amazing that anything gets done.