705 Gives another notice to strike

705red

Browncafe Steward
Our managers must be morons to keep thinking they can violate the contract. They have little respect for the union, which gives them the idea that their the bosses and they will do what they want, when they want. Calling all sups go get your browns out of storage and lace up those running shoes because your shear ignorance is catching up to you. This is serious and unless they fell like bargaining in good faith, and stop their sups from working, stop firing for non cardinal infractions, and agreeto arbitrate the cases in a timely manner, we here in chicago will pull out the lawn chairs and barbaque pits and wait you out on the pickey line. Ps get rid of your labor manager d.h. hes his own worst enemy and will cause 705 to walk the talk.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
This is serious and unless they fell like bargaining in good faith, and stop their sups from working, stop firing for non cardinal infractions, and agreeto arbitrate the cases in a timely manner, we here in chicago will pull out the lawn chairs and barbaque pits and wait you out on the pickey line. Ps get rid of your labor manager d.h. hes his own worst enemy and will cause 705 to walk the talk.

I deleted part of your post, 705, to get it to the points I wanted to touch on. Sups working? Big problem here, particularly inside the building. I don't pull the grievance card because I'm not going to cause myself more trouble than I already have. Its just not worth the headache or distraction it would become, particularly considering the other stuff I have (school, etc). I told a pt sup to tell her buddies, "You unload to help me, great, I'll take it. Unload to p*ss me off, I'll grieve you so fast, it'll make your head spin! Are we clear? A yes or no will suffice!" She said, "Yes, but..." I shook my head, stood and went back to sorting. Haven't had a problem with a supervisor unloading since. I know, I know, its a compromise on a contract item but I'm not going to fight stupid fights with management unless they start the fight on my terms. Cardinal infractions?? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. Sorry, had to laugh at that one and now that I've picked myself up off the floor... Ohhhh, the stories I could tell of people known or suspected to be on drugs but nothing is done about (many hourlies in that group but a few sups as well). I know nothing about Local 705's local bargaining or arbitration situations to comment on, unfortunately. My hats off to all of you in Chicago for "taking a stand!" Good luck!! -Rocky

C

crickets

Our managers must be morons to keep thinking they can violate the contract. They have little respect for the union, which gives them the idea that their the bosses and they will do what they want, when they want. Calling all sups go get your browns out of storage and lace up those running shoes because your shear ignorance is catching up to you. This is serious and unless they fell like bargaining in good faith, and stop their sups from working, stop firing for non cardinal infractions, and agreeto arbitrate the cases in a timely manner, we here in chicago will pull out the lawn chairs and barbaque pits and wait you out on the pickey line. Ps get rid of your labor manager d.h. hes his own worst enemy and will cause 705 to walk the talk.

UPS generally doesn’t do what I wish they’d do. Perhaps that’s for the best.

I *wish* they’d shut down everything that has a 705 member associated with it. Lock the doors and send them home.

Not for a month or two – or even for a year – but forever.

I’d like to see it start happening by noon today. Start clearing hubs and diverting traffic.

Anytime you can put Teamsters on the street is a good day.

Plus, you gotta admit it would send a dandy message to the remaining Teamsters that they’re on borrowed time.

It’d even teach you a thing or two about who owns and runs the company versus who’s the hired help – that’s something most Teamsters can’t quite grasp.

trickpony1

I wish our Local had balls that big!
It seems I remember a conversation from years ago about if the company continues to act in a manner that contradicts the contract that has been grieved and won by the union then a "wild cat" strike at that particular facility could be called.
I think if there were more "wild cat" strikes, the company would quit pulling these stunts and actually act in accordance with the MUTUALLY AGREED UPON contract language.

..........imagine that!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its unfair to terminate members fof misdeamnor offense and then deadlock cases. Then they want to drag their feet on arbitrations, look this isnt about a die hard unionist being fired, this about every one of us that goes into work everyday to do the jor right. Every now and then a mistake might happen is that enough to get fired over? friend#$k no.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The company has agreed to the locals requst the notice has been withdrawn. Hopefully the see the light and realize their not playing with little boys but men and women who represent the best interests of their members and that we hold them accountable for it.