8 Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act....

tieguy

Banned
Again apples and oranges Tie. I know there are people out of work. What do YOU suggest Obama do? So far he has kept a campaign promise at the time he proposed and is bringing our kids home from a useless war in Iraq. You are a smart man, I know this from the texture of your posts. We are in a depression, FDR didn't get our country out of disparity in under two years. Do you think a McCain-Palin administration would have fared better?

when you want to stimulate the economy you loosen the reins on big business. Instead Obamas policies have stifled them. Health care should have waited until after the economy turned around. You don't run big anti business campaigns when you're trying to get those big businesses to add people to their payrolls.

klein

Für Meno :)
when you want to stimulate the economy you loosen the reins on big business. Instead Obamas policies have stifled them. Health care should have waited until after the economy turned around. You don't run big anti business campaigns when you're trying to get those big businesses to add people to their payrolls.

Hang on a minute, which other president ever stuck so much money into getting business going again ?
Trillion dollar stimulus, cash4clunkers, GM and Chrsyler bailout. Are those the big anti business campaigns you are talking about ?

As far as healthcare is concerned. It's 1 , if not, the biggest industry in the US.
And why is the timing off ?
Before the recession already more then 25% of Americans were uninsured, and that was basically in boom times.

Now, that number must be closer to 40%.
You need it more then ever !

av8torntn

These aren't the weapons we went to war for. [/INDENT]

That's not completely true. One of the reasons given was that Iraq did not provide proof as they had agreed to do that disclosed WMD's were destroyed. I take it now that you agree that it would be a lie to say that no WMD's were found in Iraq. Glad to have you on my side. Took long enough.