9-5 help

weirdohappy

So it seems there are questions in my building around 9-5 and cover/new bid driver. As I read it, to get 9-5 protection you have to 1- bid a route, either permanent or weekly vacation cover, 2 - be assigned a bid route by management 3- OR have 4 years driving. We are being told that you have to have 4 years driving even if you bid a route or bid to cover a route. But I think the contract would say "AND 4 years driving" if 4 years driving was a qualifier. We are in Atlantic supplement

542thruNthru

So it seems there are questions in my building around 9-5 and cover/new bid driver. As I read it, to get 9-5 protection you have to 1- bid a route, either permanent or weekly vacation cover, 2 - be assigned a bid route by management 3- OR have 4 years driving. We are being told that you have to have 4 years driving even if you bid a route or bid to cover a route. But I think the contract would say "AND 4 years driving" if 4 years driving was a qualifier. We are in Atlantic supplement

Who is telling you this? I'm guessing management.

sketch-1556151748516.png

See where is says "OR" before the blue highlight? Point that out to who ever is telling you this and tell them to go back to grade school to learn how to read.

weirdohappy

Who is telling you this? I'm guessing management.

View attachment 245664

See where is says "OR" before the blue highlight? Point that out to who ever is telling you this and tell them to go back to grade school to learn how to read.

It's actually the shop steward. Told some guys he wouldn't file grievances because they haven't been driving 4 years. So I'm not sure what they're able to do

542thruNthru

It's actually the shop steward. Told some guys he wouldn't file grievances because they haven't been driving 4 years. So I'm not sure what they're able to do

A shop steward should never tell someone he won't file a grievance. Call your local and speak to your BA.

Also I'd call my steward out as a idiot in front of everyone if he said something like that.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
“OR”