A "1st" for our hub !!

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Feeder driver wants to bring a service dog with him on his runs.

Yes, it's as dumb as it sounds.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but the concept of tractor-trailer drivers bringing their pets/wives over-the-road (OTR) is an age old occurrence and a pet policy exists at most trucking companies. It often serves as a selling point for OTR drivers or lease-operators to drive for them.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but the concept of tractor-trailer drivers bringing their pets/wives over-the-road (OTR) is an age old occurrence and a pet policy exists at most trucking companies. It often serves as a selling point for OTR drivers or lease-operators to drive for them.
Here are a few:

J.B. Hunt
Dogs up to 60 lbs, non-aggressive breed. Shots documented. $300 deposit.

U.S. Xpress:
One dog or cat, NO aggressive breeds, $500 non-refundable deposit (deductible from paycheck in $50 payments), copies of pet's shot records must be sent in to the safety department and a copy kept on the truck at all times, pets must be kept on leash at all times when outside of truck, pets must remain in truck when on company or customer property, and must be removed from truck prior to taking truck in for servicing.

Werner Enterprise:
No breed or size restrictions. One dog or one cat. $250 deposit, $5 per week fee. Shots must be kept up to date.

Western Express:
One dog or cat, NO aggressive breeds, $500 non-refundable deposit (deductible from paycheck in $50 payments), copies of pet's shot records must be sent in to the safety department and a copy kept on the truck at all times, pets must be kept on leash at all times when outside of truck, pets must remain in truck when on company or customer property, and must be removed from truck prior to taking truck in for servicing.

XPO Logistics:
One domestic dog or cat will be allowed on the driver’s truck. A $500 fee will be charged. This may be paid out in $50 payroll deductions over 10 pay periods.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Here are a few:

J.B. Hunt

U.S. Xpress:

Werner Enterprise:
No breed or size restrictions. One dog or one cat. $250 deposit, $5 per week fee. Shots must be kept up to date.

Western Express:

XPO Logistics:
One domestic dog or cat will be allowed on the driver’s truck. A $500 fee will be charged. This may be paid out in $50 payroll deductions over 10 pay periods.
He didn't mention anything about a sleeper run.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He didn't, but the dogs drivers for those outfits bring along are still present while driving during the day. I highly doubt they strap them in the sleeper berths when it's time to turn a wheel.
Bro let's not pretend that a dog in a day cab is okay. I'm all for ADA accommodations but this scenario screams undue hardship.

Here are a few:

J.B. Hunt

U.S. Xpress:

Werner Enterprise:

Western Express:

XPO Logistics:

Here's one that doesn't:
UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
How did dude's like @rod come back from Nam and not need service dogs? Enough already with the snowflake crapola.
A certain percentage of Vietnam Veterans do use companion /service dogs. Some found dealing with "war" more difficult than others. I think a lot of it had to do with the way a person grew up. Now days damn near every discharged Vet who has done a tour or two of Middle East duty files for PTSD disability payments just because the word is out that it is "free money". I'm the first to say that some really deserve it but there are tons of them who file for it "just because". Now days when you leave the service they more or less walk you right down to your local Veterans Service Office and sign you up for everything under the sun. It never used to be that way. I didn't know for 30 years that I actually qualified for some Disabled Vets payment. I always assumed if I was "disabled" I couldn't work as a UPS driver. Not until I joined the VFW after I retired did I really dig into what I qualified for..

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
A certain percentage of Vietnam Veterans do use companion /service dogs. Some found dealing with "war" more difficult than others. I think a lot of it had to do with the way a person grew up. Now days damn near every discharged Vet who has done a tour or two of Middle East duty files for PTSD disability payments just because the word is out that it is "free money". I'm the first to say that some really deserve it but there are tons of them who file for it "just because". Now days when you leave the service they more or less walk you right down to your local Veterans Service Office and sign you up for everything under the sun. It never used to be that way. I didn't know for 30 years that I actually qualified for some Disabled Vets payment. I always assumed if I was "disabled" I couldn't work as a UPS driver. Not until I joined the VFW after I retired did I really dig into what I qualified for..

A guy in my neighborhood was in Iraq for about a year as a REMF, but got diarrhea. He told me he gets a 10 % disability payment for irritable bowel syndrome even though he has never missed a day of work for it. Its about $300 a month if I remember correctly and not too old so it will be a lot of money if it's ongoing.

I've heard him talk about the need for welfare reform a few times and had to bite my tongue to keep from calling him out.

rod

Retired 22 years
A guy in my neighborhood was in Iraq for about a year as a REMF, but got diarrhea. He told me he gets a 10 % disability payment for irritable bowel syndrome even though he has never missed a day of work for it. Its about $300 a month if I remember correctly and not too old so it will be a lot of money if it's ongoing.

I've heard him talk about the need for welfare reform a few times and had to bite my tongue to keep from calling him out.
There are a lot of people out there now who are really playing the VA system. It's really sad. VA disability is all tax free too. The VA really needs to do a serious audit on scammers.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know a guy who fell in the first month he was in the Army and supposedly hurt his back. He has been getting VA 100% disability for years now. That is close to $4,000 a month tax free. There are also MANY other perks that come with `a 100% judgement. His property tax has been frozen for years (Mn. thing-not sure if its nationwide) so he paying 1990's taxes. Meanwhile he's out driving his motorcycle and 2019 Ford truck and hasn't worked a day since he "hurt" his back.

rod

Retired 22 years

I'm all for Welfare Reform also. About 75% of it needs to be cut.

PT Car Washer

There are a lot of people out there now who are really playing the VA system. It's really sad. VA disability is all tax free too. The VA really needs to do a serious audit on scammers.
I have been told I need to file for a hearing loss disability. Almost like a give me. I barely pass the DOT physical because of it. Definitely service related.