A Christmas ramble

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just got back from a Christmas concert. Elisabeth Von Trapp. It was wonderful. No pressure, no big crowds. And a few weeks ago it was the Vienna Boys Chorus. That was a real treat. A large percentage of the boys were sick, but yet all but two took to the stage.

The discipline that was there for a group like that. Afterwords, to watch them play shuffleboard, basket ball and a quick game of football (world wide football, not American version) Your typical mob of 8-12 year olds that are far away from home, but enjoying life. Not to mention how fast they went through 12 dozen Krispy Kreme's........

In years past, really did not have the time to think about all the blessings God has given me. A wonderful wife whom i have had the privilege to have at my side for 32 years, two children that were literally a gift from God. A good job that ended up a wonderful career at ups, which in turn allowed me to accumulate a lot of nice things in life, and now a second career as well.

And simple things, such as being able to have enough fingers to still make ten.

Things that we all take for granted. Every day without thinking about it.

And not the least of which are the next gen UPS'ers. The ones that will build on what we have, and take this company to new places never dreamed of.

To you out there in the cold, wet, dark, delivering to almost every corner of the globe, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas. Not only that, but I want to wish for each and every one of you a wonderful year full of blessings.

To one and all

Daniel

PS, that includes you too BS&BRAG!:wink2:
PSS if Merry Christmas offends you, then my apology in advance. But may you still enjoy the wonderful blessings given to you by God in the next year!:happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender
Very heartfelt Daniel,I would also like to wish everyone a peaceful holiday and remind them that in spite of a recession,most of us are blessed with a certain security that a lot of folks do not have. Lets hope the new year brings positive changes for everyone.I'm pickin up good vibrations.

satellitedriver

And, all to one, danny.
I do not think I am being presumptuous in speaking for all on BC, in saying that.
I am amazed daily at my blessings.
I try each morning and each evening after work to just stand still and say a silent thank you.
May peace find all, this season.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh and lest i forget, a wonderful thanks to the beautiful lady that has invited each of us into her living room to talk all things ups and more. Without which, each one of us would be doing what right now?

Merry Christmas Cheryl, and to your hubby as well! I hope the site grows more next year than the last 4 combined.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
Great sentiments, all !!

I am especially aware of the 'little things' in life and have a new-found appreciation for them this year.

I know it's a crazy time of year for the delivery business, but take notice at sometime during the day and slow down and breathe it in. It's a special season, whether you believe or not.

Merry Christmas !!!

over9five

Staff member
Right now, I am homeless and far from where I live.
But I still have the important things. Wifey, my two kids, the cat and the birds! And thanks to Mom a roof over us and HEAT. Boy was my house cold when we left!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Right now, I am homeless and far from where I live.
But I still have the important things. Wifey, my two kids, the cat and the birds! And thanks to Mom a roof over us and HEAT. Boy was my house cold when we left!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

I assume you are a victim of the ice storm. We had our ice storm in 1998. I had no power for 36 hours. Some lost for only 45 minutes while others were out for 3 weeks.

I hope they get the power back on and your lives get back to normal soon.