A Farewell To Hillary? Thanks for the Memories!

wkmac

Well the talk is that today is it for our "American Girl" but we all know how crazy politics can get so the old adage of the fat lady singing and all that.

This said, let's go back 14 years to circa late 1994' and an op-ed piece written about Hillary and her religious crusade. "Religious crusade" catch your eye? Me too!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard139.html

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hillary didn't exactly make much of a farewell speech tonight, did she? And Bill wasn't much help if she has any desire for the VP spot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can see Michelle Obama whispering in Barrack's ear saying, "Don't EVEN think about asking that *itch to be veep !!"

The odds are about a million to one on B.O. picking HRC for VP. IMO
TTFN:wink2:

brett636

I may be surprised, but I really do not see Obama picking her as his VP just like I didn't see her picking him had she been the nominee. I do find it ironic that the party not so long ago which whined about our electoral college system not being fair just nominated a candidate who has lost the popular vote.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really think that B.O. wants Gov. Richardson of N.Mex. as his running mate......Hispanic vote and all.

ol'browneye

What's sad is that both candidates went into the primaries knowing that Michigan and Florida would not count. But when Hillary figured out that if she had those delegates, she might actually be able to win, now all of a sudden those votes should count! Sore loser!

wkmac

I honestly believe McCain should pick Hillary as his VP. We will now observe a short pause for some people to explode through the roof, throw things around the room or run around their yard ripping the clothes from their bodies.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:happy-very:

OK, now that we have that out of the way, here's my thinking. First off, McCain is no conservative (and that's no secret) as not that many years ago he spoke with Tom Daschle about going independent and caucusing with the democrats much in the same manner Lieberman is doing today with the republicans. McCain's voting record also has not been one that would make a conservative proud. McCain's only real selling point to so-called conservatives is one of fear and that fear is Obama in the White House.

Hillary at the same time contary to popular myth is not true blue liberal either. She has problems as it relates to her war support record (pro war). She also supports in the same manner global merchantilism as her husband did which is also much in line with McCain and I don't think the healthcare ideas are far off as a lot of Hillary's new plan as opposed to the 93' ideas are a result of meeting with Newt Gingrich in 2005' on this issue.

Hillary and McCain are a lot alike in many respects and at 71 McCain could be a 1 term President which sets the stage for Hillary in 2012'. So-called conservatives now are not going anywhere because they are locked into the fiction that republican means conservative with it's illusion of limited gov't, lesser taxes and all that and to my surprise, a lot of Hillary supporters claim they won't go for Obama but I think selling them McCain would be a cakewalk. Plus, people of an independent mindset across the country are growing tired of the constant fighting of political opposites and to have 2 people showing a united America could sell very well across the heartland of this country.

Having been involved in politics nearly 40 years, I've seen some crazy things and on one hand I know this sounds nuts! In a sane world it would get me committed! :happy-very: But Hillary and McCain are loyal to themselves first and foremost and it they could ever figure out how much potential their combining would have, I think we'd all be shocked at what these 2 would do together at the end of the day. And if you think a republican/democrat ticket is crazy, well one of the mentioned VP prospects for Obama is republican Sen. Chuck Hagel so this is not by any stretch a wild idea at all as the media wonks in the beltway are suggesting just that for Obama.

It makes no real difference to me what the democrats or republicans do as to who they nominate as on election day I already know that my vote will go for neither. At this time I'm leaning towards voting for the same thing I voted for in 1984' and that was writing in Donald Duck. I realized then that the Rockerfeller Republicans had won and taken the real Reagan and put him in some closet somewhere and surrounded this hollow shell with their own agenda that now shows all vestages of true paleo-conservative values of which Reagan ran on in 76' and 1980' as having been made extinct as the dinosaur in the republican party.

Even Al Haig last October with Wolf Blitzer on CNN understood that the true conservative cause has been highjcked and the democrat Brezinski who was President Carter's adviser even understands this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081120183208/http://www.warandpiece.com/blogdirs/005067.html

I've yet to see anyone on the scene that inspires me to vote for them so for now I'm waiting and watching but atthe same time hoping the 2 major parties just totally screw up and having McCain pick Hillary as VP would IMO be a dream so I could watch you "CONSERVATIVES" twist and squirm in the mess that is being sold to you and you don't have the courage to stand up and declare a "NO SALE!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
A Farewell To Hillary? Thanks for the Memories!

We could change the title of this thread to "A Farewell to Hillary? Thanks for the Mammaries !

Sorry, sick mind on board.:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
I can see Michelle Obama whispering in Barrack's ear saying, "Don't EVEN think about asking that *itch to be veep !!"

The odds are about a million to one on B.O. picking HRC for VP. IMO
TTFN:wink2:

His decision should be interesting seeing how well he did picking a pastor.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
I've yet to see anyone on the scene that inspires me to vote for them so for now I'm waiting and watching but atthe same time hoping the 2 major parties just totally screw up and having McCain pick Hillary as VP would IMO be a dream so I could watch you "CONSERVATIVES" twist and squirm in the mess that is being sold to you and you don't have the courage to stand up and declare a "NO SALE!"

Thats the problem with you libertarian types. Just about the time I think you guys make sense I read some wacko death wish crap like this.

A realistic appraisal of politics today should have all of us squirming not just the "conservatives".

forgive me for being a conservative. forgive me for not wanting to watch two people of same sex sell their sexuality to my kids. forgive me for being against the killing of a life just to promote a means of post conception birth control. Forgive me for actually hoping to raise my family in a community that reflects the days of leave it to beaver rather then the osbornes.

If you actually get some enjoyment out of the extremely poor quality candidates we have available then I would expect you are sitting in some bomb shelter somewhere eagerly awaiting the end of the world.

wkmac

If you actually get some enjoyment out of the extremely poor quality candidates we have available

ABSOLUTELY! I Do! I Do!

then I would expect you are sitting in some bomb shelter somewhere eagerly awaiting the end of the world.

And miss the fun of yanking your chain! NAH!
:wink2: