A Fond Farewell

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A Fond Farewell - The Miami Times

Residents gather at the Postal Annex+ at Trancas last Thursday to wish retiring UPS driver Rob Shuttleworth well.

Unlike some UPS drivers, Rob Shuttleworth excelled at making friends with most of the dogs on his route—20 or 30 dogs every day came out to greet him on his delivery rounds.

“If they wanted a dog treat, they knew they had to sit down first,” Shuttleworth laughed. “I don’t have animals, so seeing them every day was one of the best things about the job.”

For the past 20 years, Rob, 57, donned shorts and sunglasses, left his home in Northridge, loaded his brown UPS delivery truck near the Van Nuys airport and drove the 32 miles to western Malibu. His route included the neighborhoods and businesses of Malibu Park, Trancas Highlands, Malibu West, Broad Beach and Pacific Coast Highway up to Encinal Road. Occasionally, during his lunchtime, he’d go body surfing.

Fuzzy Brown

A Fond Farewell - The Miami Times

Residents gather at the Postal Annex+ at Trancas last Thursday to wish retiring UPS driver Rob Shuttleworth well.

Unlike some UPS drivers, Rob Shuttleworth excelled at making friends with most of the dogs on his route—20 or 30 dogs every day came out to greet him on his delivery rounds.

“If they wanted a dog treat, they knew they had to sit down first,” Shuttleworth laughed. “I don’t have animals, so seeing them every day was one of the best things about the job.”

For the past 20 years, Rob, 57, donned shorts and sunglasses, left his home in Northridge, loaded his brown UPS delivery truck near the Van Nuys airport and drove the 32 miles to western Malibu. His route included the neighborhoods and businesses of Malibu Park, Trancas Highlands, Malibu West, Broad Beach and Pacific Coast Highway up to Encinal Road. Occasionally, during his lunchtime, he’d go body surfing.

I love how they come right out of the chute throwing shade with the “unlike some UPS drivers” statement.

floridays

I definitely didn't catch that
Did you catch this

Sherman Baylin, owner of Sherman’s Place dog grooming, laughed and said Shuttleworth was “the last of the great UPS drivers.”

You and the rest ofya's can hang it up, you
over paid box humpers, the last great hung up his brown shorts.

Sherman Baylin's ass
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: