Abusive Relationship

Bankrupt

I was talking with another coworker recently and he commented that working at FedEx is like being in an abusive relationship. I've never been in one but I see the similarities. FedEx lies to us constantly and tries to convince us how good we have it. No matter how long we hang around here they won't change. Its a sickness fueled by greed. The only way out is to leave. I hope one day I can break free.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I wish one or more of Smith's ex-wives would join this forum.

The stories they could tell would be priceless.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I wish one or more of Smith's ex-wives would join this forum.

The stories they could tell would be priceless.
I once had the good fortune of spending a couple of hours in the company of one of his former body guards...truly one of the most entertaining and eye-opening 2 hours of my career. This was back in the days when I still held Fredward in fairly high esteem. But I never thought of him the same way since that day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I once had the good fortune of spending a couple of hours in the company of one of his former body guards...truly one of the most entertaining and eye-opening 2 hours of my career. This was back in the days when I still held Fredward in fairly high esteem. But I never thought of him the same way since that day.

Fred has a history, and it isn't stellar. Money paves over a lot of stuff that would have landed most people in jail. Just ask that black fellow Fred ran over in Memphis. Oh, that's right, he's dead, so you can't ask him....sorry. Or how about the bank fraud and swindling his own sisters...$$$$ made the bad stuff go away.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I'm guessing the BG thought Fred was a piece of :censored2:?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm guessing the BG thought Fred was a piece of :censored2:?
that was pretty much the essence of what I carried away from the discussion, yep. I'll say this though, it comforts me to know that even with the vast fortune he has amassed (much of it at our expense), I don't think the man possesses an ounce of happiness within himself.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
that was pretty much the essence of what I carried away from the discussion, yep. I'll say this though, it comforts me to know that even with the vast fortune he has amassed (much of it at our expense), I don't think the man possesses an ounce of happiness within himself.

That's good to hear. He deserves the self-torment.

EffOff

I was talking with another coworker recently and he commented that working at FedEx is like being in an abusive relationship. I've never been in one but I see the similarities. FedEx lies to us constantly and tries to convince us how good we have it. No matter how long we hang around here they won't change. Its a sickness fueled by greed. The only way out is to leave. I hope one day I can break free.

"Abusive" is EXACTLY how I'd describe it. The lousy pay that doesn't keep up with the cost of living, the way friend-Off tries to squeeze even more work out of us drudges and does everything it can to make us feel like automatons instead of humans...god. The trouble is, I remember when FedEx Office was Kinko's, and trust me, Kinko's was a much better, more humane company. Much better-run, much more productive, and Paul Orfalea, Kinko's founder, was a hell of a decent guy. He always tried to treat employees with care and with dignity. AND he believed in sharing the wealth. When he ran the place, bonuses were great (not the insult they are now), and our health benefits were terrific. Fedex has ****ed up all that. Thanks, Fred. Burn in hell by the way.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Now I know why, they tried to keep us from bringing our "extension of protection", from our home(s). Our station is actually "renting/leasing" the parking lot from the city. We were told we couldn't bring our "protection" into the parking lot. When I questioned, "Why not?" ... well, no weapons are allowed on OUR property. But this is not "Your Property" ... you are renting/leasing it, right? Needless to say, management is not too happy knowing that most of us, are "card carrying members". From our senior manager on up .. they park "inside" the gate, instead of in the "employee parking lot!" Hmmmmm ... wonder why?