Accident at Worldport

anonymous23456

Per internet:
---------------------------

I know of details but cannot say much other than a driver was killed while helping another driver work on a leaking airline on a set of doubles. Another driver moved the truck while not aware someone was still working on it. Man was drug more than 100yrds, body was not in one piece. For the respect of friends and family I will not release a name.

Per internet:

I know of details but cannot say much other than a driver was killed while helping another driver work on a leaking airline on a set of doubles. Another driver moved the truck while not aware someone was still working on it. Man was drug more than 100yrds, body was not in one piece. For the respect of friends and family I will not release a name.
Holy hell

PoirotAtUPS

You never know when it’s gonna happen. We drove 10s of thousand of miles in all kinds of weather and driving conditions. At anytime we could have been killed or injured because of our own actions or some idiots. Anytime vehicles are involved, the potential for harm is there.
So true. Folks working at this company face so many kinds of dangers every day. Safety has to be a daily mindset or lives are lost.

A tragic reminder to not rush, don’t assume, always be safe - your family wants you to come home safe.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Wow , didn’t they have a few suicides there this year? The one girl got fired and jumped to her death

OSHA ? Hello?
🧔‍♂️✊

Brownwind

Wow this is horrible. I hate this news for the family. Sad news.

I haven’t worked in the yard much lately but early in my career I had to use cones and a reflective throw over the mirror when I hooked up the dolly and rear trailer. (I was told I had to do that because the vehicle was running) Does anyone know if we still do this or is that a local thing because I wasn’t pulling out of the yard with the vehicle?

Over70irregs

Per internet:

Lordy 🤲

finaddict

Wow this is horrible. I hate this news for the family. Sad news.

I haven’t worked in the yard much lately but early in my career I had to use cones and a reflective throw over the mirror when I hooked up the dolly and rear trailer. (I was told I had to do that because the vehicle was running) Does anyone know if we still do this or is that a local thing because I wasn’t pulling out of the yard with the vehicle?
PULL KEY, its a method that is to be followed whenever exiting the vehicle and is a management favorite warning letter to write

21Savage

Per internet:

" I know of details but can't say much"

Proceeds to give all the details...

over9five

Staff member
PULL KEY, its a method that is to be followed whenever exiting the vehicle and is a management favorite warning letter to write
Ya, I was thinking that too at first. But they were working on air, and maybe needed it running. I wonder who moved it? And why? You don't just jump in a running tractor and drive it...