Accident Rate

Goldilocks

"If or when....". Really?

Delivered to a Ground facility the other day, walked into the breakroom and could not believe my eyes, a Big Screen TV.....Fred is treating you guys like he did when I first started. Wine and Dine, then bammm, no more....

Delivered to a Ground facility the other day, walked into the breakroom and could not believe my eyes, a Big Screen TV.....Fred is treating you guys like he did when I first started. Wine and Dine, then bammm, no more....
Maybe that was the flat screen t.v. that the Express driver threw over the fence, a few Xmas ago!!!!LOL

bbsam

Staff member

He's treating us like we can afford a big screen TV because we can.:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nobody cares about you bro. Now go watch that baseball game on your 60" flat screen while your drivers stand in line at the local food bank.

The point that you and the other Ground bashers can't seem to comprehend is that employment at Ground is not endentured servitude. The drivers are free to go at any time. They agreed to work under the terms and conditions outlined by their employer. Now, with the economy turning around, the pool of candidates willing to work under those terms and conditions will start to shrink, which will then force the employer to either sweeten the pot or abandon the current business model.

I have said this many times----the Ground business model makes a lot of sense from a purely business perspective. If I can get the job done paying $15/hr why in the world would I pay $20? It is up to potential applicants to decide if it is right for them.

bbsam

Staff member
Nobody cares about you bro. Now go watch that baseball game on your 60" flat screen while your drivers stand in line at the local food bank.:(

TV will never be important enough to me to buy a big screen TV. Currently on my way to Chi to see the musical "The Book of Mormon". Probably going to cost the same as a 60" TV but it's for the experience.

Doc Sorting Dude

I noticed a lot of Ground trucks don't have back-up cameras do you think this is part of the reason for the uptick in accidents? Also, no mirrors on the back end.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The point that you and the other Ground bashers can't seem to comprehend is that employment at Ground is not endentured servitude. The drivers are free to go at any time. They agreed to work under the terms and conditions outlined by their employer. Now, with the economy turning around, the pool of candidates willing to work under those terms and conditions will start to shrink, which will then force the employer to either sweeten the pot or abandon the current business model.

I have said this many times----the Ground business model makes a lot of sense from a purely business perspective. If I can get the job done paying $15/hr why in the world would I pay $20? It is up to potential applicants to decide if it is right for them.

Great analysis. That explains why Ground has such a terrible accident rate....a constantly rotating pool of employees that aren't very good because the pay is pretty bad. From a purely pro-business GOP/Libertarian perspective, of course it makes sense to you because it's the "free market" at work. Ground is a taxpayer-subsidized scam, and getting back to the topic, an organization that doesn't operate very safely.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I noticed a lot of Ground trucks don't have back-up cameras do you think this is part of the reason for the uptick in accidents? Also, no mirrors on the back end.

I think the biggest cause of Ground accidents is non-professionals behind the wheel. If they can make it 25 days without a wreck they get "The Circle of Dysfunction Award".

bbsam

Staff member
I think the biggest cause of Ground accidents is non-professionals behind the wheel. If they can make it 25 days without a wreck they get "The Circle of Dysfunction Award".

Starting to dance in a circle now. The thread was about Express' increase in accident frequency.

MAKAVELI

Starting to dance in a circle now. The thread was about Express' increase in accident frequency.
Yes it is, because they are trying to force the same productivity and disregard for safety they do at ground.