Accountability

J

johnkyblue

I hate it. It is destroying our company. Not because it is a bad idea, or that people should not be held
accountable, but because not everything can be measured.

I know for a fact I have touched lots of little kids presents for birthdays and christmas.

I have turned the belt off many times to save a package. I have been told by supervisors that it was the
wrong move many times also. One even told me that 40 packages were going to miss service because I
saved one that it wasn't worth it. Why? The company can measure the 40 and the one destroyed. The
cost of both can be measured. But are those the only costs? NO. You cannot measure the hate of an 8
year old and the future business lost. Kids are not dumb. They know things are late sometimes. They
know when things have not been given the care they should have received.

J

johnkyblue

Where are you tieguy? I am pointing a finger directly at you.

C

cheryl

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

M

my2cents

Many of these discussions are simply exercises in baiting people into saying something they may regret later. Basically, a waste of time for a reasonable person.

U

upsmule

<font color="ff0000">couldn't have said it better 2cents.</font>

J

johnkyblue

WRONG. This was a good chance for someone who wears a tie to say something like, "I agree completely and while we make every effort to analyze and correct shortcomings, we also review and improve how we analyze. That said, nothing can replace being there and teaching the importance of quality service to every employee. Simply, our priorities are in the order of safety, quality, and then performance."

If you all didn't notice, I posted several messages as soon as I gained membership to the board. The idea was for everyone to be reminded of what is important and what our priorities are. Because none of you said nothing like the above, I hope that you are supervisors of feeder drivers who don't ever touch boxes.

D

deliver_man

Well, you should be on the board of directors in no time.