ADA process

542thruNthru

You're so happy-go-lucky, it almost seems as if you don't work here anymore. Retired?
I don't understand the misguided hostility, like I'm a worthless employee here... Just like I don't know or understand why you're so hostile, you don't know me. Or my situation.

Simple questions now answered... With some hate added. Appreciate all your time.

Is it a disability that substantially limits 1 or more life activities?

If not then you will not get a ADA.

twoweeled

Has anyone been through it? And roughly how long did it take once the paperwork was returned to HRSC?
I went through a little of this. Didn't look like it was going far. Seems like UPS has been violating this for many years, but was willing to spend the dough on attorney's to violate it. Short of it is, I was on my way out the door. Being set up for retraining. And I could fight them while I was outta of a job training to maybe fix computers. It happened super duper fast too! It's obvious they've done this before. The parameters seem to be really narrow. They pick and choose who they'll accommodate, is the bottom line. I always felt like this served another purpose. An indirect threat to people who wanna push the ADA. But I pulled the plug before I really got "edumacated" on this. It was all going real fast, I'll tell you that!

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

I remember something about the Ada. Ups employees were to disabled to work but not enough to collect ss disability. I think you might have to go to the social services office and apply for disability if they approve you it might increase your chances of getting approval from ups. But BUG definitely knows his stuff not everything but inbox him privately with details. He one of us he's a good guy

cachmeifucan

Now I remember a little more some judge in NY flowers maybe ruled that ups return to work policy violated the Americas with disabilities act. It's only for disability cases. Ups policy used to be 100 percent no work restrictions. I'm not sure what is new policy but it seems ups may have to accommodate. Because people were to hurt to return to work but not disabled enough to qualify for s.s. disability benefits

Box Handler of Dallas

Has anyone been through it? And roughly how long did it take once the paperwork was returned to HRSC?

Just went through it myself. Took 4 months from start to finish for me. Until the ADA committee approved it, I was unable to work but was considered an active employee. I maintained my seniority and got paid for Thanksgiving holiday as well as paid out for vacation/option day. Happy to be back at work but sad I missed the majority of peak season.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just went through it myself. Took 4 months from start to finish for me. Until the ADA committee approved it, I was unable to work but was considered an active employee. I maintained my seniority and got paid for Thanksgiving holiday as well as paid out for vacation/option day. Happy to be back at work but sad I missed the majority of peak season.

what kind of job did they come up with for you to do