Advice question

Lobofan5

I work with someone who, by their own admission to me, uses drugs. This person also seems to have a 'willingness and interest' in looking in boxes to see whats in them. Reading invoices etc...

In a nutshell, a drug user with a morality problem.

Say something....or not?

Upslady20

I think you know by asking that you should be telling someone.. the phone number is on the wall so you can call and no you do not have to disclose who you are. I am sure there are others who know about this person also. It is people like that who cause us to lose customers since we are tapering with their drugs. Plus I would hate to think that someone who is medically dependent on the drugs will be delayed in getting their prescription because we have a drug addict on the payroll.

brownrodster

I work with someone who, by their own admission to me, uses drugs. This person also seems to have a 'willingness and interest' in looking in boxes to see whats in them. Reading invoices etc...

In a nutshell, a drug user with a morality problem.

Say something....or not?

When I was part time I thought I was the only person on my sort who didn't use drugs.

Looking inside boxes is definately bad!!!!!

Lobofan5

I have not seen this person take anything yet...I am just putting two and two together..is that enough for a phone call?

helenofcalifornia

He shouldn't be opening up packages unless he is part of damage/rewrap. I would be darn sure of myself before I dropped a dime on him. How come a supervisor doesn't say something when he is opening packages? Is he in a trailer when he does it? What is his job? The fact that he is opening other peoples packages bothers me more than the drug issues.

satellitedriver

I have not seen this person take anything yet...I am just putting two and two together..is that enough for a phone call?
Call LP, it is their job to see someone taking stuff. Trust your instincts. If nothing is going on, no harm done. If something is, you did the right thing.
PAX

dudebro

Call. If you didn't witness any actual theft, Security won't act on it, but they may start observing the individual more closely and catch him themselves if he's dirty. I've seen people walked out, though, for knowing something was up and not saying anything. He could be trying to learn what packages contain what items so he can make a profitable strike. I can tell you as an IE guy with good data mining skills who often assists the security department in identifying trends that may point to theft, I was shocked at how rampant attempted theft is in our inside operations.

govols019

You smell that?
I love it when they catch someone stealing with one of those dye packs. Saw it three times when I was a pre-loader. The look on their face is priceless.