Amazon "Express"

STFXG

How many of those large boxes are they going to fit in their little trucks? And those packages aren't weighing over a hundred pounds.
I see a constant flow of new ram promasters with usps decals being trailered down the highway. See at least 10 trucks a week for the past couple months.

BigWork13

No not in the least VanT. You're just another dyed in the wool Republican. But like so many similar RINO's you'll be signing up some day for Social Security, Medicare Medicaid when you are in a nursing home and your money's gone along with just about every other New Deal or Great Society program you qualify for and don't give me that lame excuse that you paid into it. They exist because some progressive Democrats managed to get them through Congress because they knew that many working class Americans would never earn enough destroying their bodies working for and making very wealthy people like Bezos and Smith.

I'm sorry but social security is awful. I would much rather be able to keep my money and do what I wish with it, instead of giving it to the government. It should be eliminated.

overflowed

Order something on Amazon Saturday. Gets delivered Tuesday for free, from Kentucky to West Coast, in a 36x24x12 box, aka not small. USPS. They just jumped smack dab into small package world and they work 7 days a week. Hmmm, if they're going to work boxes that size.
We have been getting a large amount of young couriers from the post office and there main complaints from the ones I talked to are this. Young kids in their early 20's don't want to work this much at all. I can think of many express people that would possibly kill someone to work 7 days a week. Not me though, I have to be forced to work weekends.

vantexan

I'm sorry but social security is awful. I would much rather be able to keep my money and do what I wish with it, instead of giving it to the government. It should be eliminated.
You'll feel differently when you are approaching retirement. Of course if you are UPS you'll have a nice pension, but most people don't anymore. As far as Republicans wanting to eliminate it, if SS didn't require business owners to match employee contributions I doubt they would complain about it. They can argue it's income redistribution, but the reality is if employees helped them build their wealth while they minimized employee income and benefits, the least they can do is help with their employees' retirement.

bacha29

Spot on VanT. I wonder if BigWork realizes that in today's investment environment about a 3% return is about all you can be reasonably certain of then in order to have a modest retirement of $2,500 per month he would need an investment portfolio of ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I wonder how far along he is toward getting there. Remember in 2006 Bush wanted to privatize Social Security but just 2 years later we had the financial melt down and that was the last you heard of that idea along with the fact that transition costs would approach 2 trillion dollars,not to mention that scores of Americans saw their retirement nest egg shrink if not disappear all together. Keep in mind also that of the current 17 trillion deficit 5 trillion of it is owed to Social Security.

BigWork13

Spot on VanT. I wonder if BigWork realizes that in today's investment environment about a 3% return is about all you can be reasonably certain of then in order to have a modest retirement of $2,500 per month he would need an investment portfolio of ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I wonder how far along he is toward getting there. Remember in 2006 Bush wanted to privatize Social Security but just 2 years later we had the financial melt down and that was the last you heard of that idea along with the fact that transition costs would approach 2 trillion dollars,not to mention that scores of Americans saw their retirement nest egg shrink if not disappear all together. Keep in mind also that of the current 17 trillion deficit 5 trillion of it is owed to Social Security.[/QUOTE
Which is more of a reason the program should be cut. Along with the federal reserve, the EPA, the FDA and many other wasteful government programs. It's amazing people believe the answer to government spending is more government spending.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano, he'll pay it. Whether it is with UPS or FedEx, he will pay it because they can't get the same level of service (aka 150lbs to the door) with the USPS. It will be rare, but it still be with one of us. The planes will make it easier for them to shift freight around so they don't have to use us nearly as much, but we still will be utilized in some fashion for some time.

Whatshisname said we should charge Amazon the full rack rate with no discount. There's no way we would charge that and no way they would pay it.

TUT

Which is more of a reason the program should be cut. Along with the federal reserve, the EPA, the FDA and many other wasteful government programs. It's amazing people believe the answer to government spending is more government spending.

IMO you've been brainwashed and don't even know it. Here is what happens with no social and using private investment, one the system will be rigged from time to time by people at the top and shave off dollars from Wall Street, which will directly come out of your investments. Count on it. That is bad enough but not as bad as this... You will do something to screw up your private fund and then will still need help from the gov't in your golden years or you will die. See that is what they already know. They want your money now because that is at least something vs we don't collect anything, they are in dire straits and have to give something and borrow against zero dollars previously collected. Leaving it up to us, they know way too many will blow it.

You list some programs like if they weren't there everything would just be ok, we'd do a better job policing ourselves. What in Julio's name makes you truly believe that? What I learned over my adult life is curroption is rampant and I'm not talking politics, I'm talking people in business hustling, it's crazy the black market. We will not live like nice people if we aren't governed, there will be more shady deals and suffering over all. Oils spills will just be deal with it, I don't live here. Poison in food, deal with it. Building code, :censored2: crumbles, deal with it. If business weren't liable, they will take full advantage and it only takes one person in any industry that forces everyone in the industry to mimic, otherwise they can't compete.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I see a constant flow of new ram promasters with usps decals being trailered down the highway. See at least 10 trucks a week for the past couple months.

Yep, they have a bunch of them. ProMasters are essentially re-badged Fiats that were designed in the early 80's. They are a piece of crap, but probably intended to handle more packages than the old Grummans they are replacing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You list some programs like if they weren't there everything would just be ok, we'd do a better job policing ourselves. What in Julio's name makes you truly believe that? What I learned over my adult life is curroption is rampant and I'm not talking politics, I'm talking people in business hustling, it's crazy the black market.

Riiiiiight. So when the government screws me (either purposely or due to incompetence), my options are:

A) Take it
B) Take it AND like it

If I get screwed elsewhere, I have various avenues for recourse. Social Security? I'd give up 20% of my contributions to date in exchange for the remaining balance to manage on my own. In a New York minute.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Riiiiiight. So when the government screws me (either purposely or due to incompetence), my options are:

A) Take it
B) Take it AND like it

If I get screwed elsewhere, I have various avenues for recourse. Social Security? I'd give up 20% of my contributions to date in exchange for the remaining balance to manage on my own. In a New York minute.

Spoken like a true brainwashed FOX Republiturd.

vantexan

A) Take it
B) Take it AND like it

There are untold millions who don't have the wherewithal to manage their own accounts. The point of Social Security is security. Yes there's mismanagement. But that can be fixed. What advocates of private accounts really want is access to all those billions that flow into the system every week. Wall Street has proven repeatedly that you can't trust them to have your money there when it's time to retire. Better to have even a reduced amount coming to you than to be wiped out by a manipulated system.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There are untold millions who don't have the wherewithal to manage their own accounts. The point of Social Security is security. Yes there's mismanagement. But that can be fixed. What advocates of private accounts really want is access to all those billions that flow into the system every week. Wall Street has proven repeatedly that you can't trust them to have your money there when it's time to retire. Better to have even a reduced amount coming to you than to be wiped out by a manipulated system.

WUT?!! You're talking sense here...like a Democrat. There's hope for you, van.

vantexan

WUT?!! You're talking sense here...like a Democrat. There's hope for you, van.
As Bernie Sanders pointed out, Hillary gave a closed doors speech to Wall Street exec's for $225k. "Must've been a pretty good speech" said Bernie. Please don't compare me to Democrats. :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As Bernie Sanders pointed out, Hillary gave a closed doors speech to Wall Street exec's for $225k. "Must've been a pretty good speech" said Bernie. Please don't compare me to Democrats. :)

I'm no Hillary lover either, but she's better than what you've got.

TUT

A) Take it
B) Take it AND like it

Right everyone feels they'll do better but besides yourself many people won't. If it were all corporation run we'd be saying the same thing and more. Take it and Take it and like it. Sort of like your medical coverage these days, you took it and you liked it. Right?