Amazon Is Building a Delivery Powerhouse. Look Out, FedEx, UPS, USPS.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Amazon Is Building a Delivery Powerhouse. Look Out, FedEx, UPS, USPS. - Barrons

Amazon.com’s shares have rallied this year for the obvious reason that e-commerce is accelerating as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, while before the arrival of coronavirus, the story was more about the company’s industry-leading cloud-computing business. Now, there could be another leg to the stool: package delivery.

In a research note Monday, BofA Global Research analyst Justin Post argues that Amazon’s (ticker: AMZN) enormous investment in logistics has created a valuable asset that will allow the company to become a major player in the package-delivery sector —and not just for goods sold on Amazon.com. Post contends the company’s delivery capabilities could be worth $100 billion to $230 billion by 2025.

JJinVA

I saw a young black man delivering for Amazon the other day. Dude pulled the package out of the back of the van, and no smile*, dropped it straight on the ground from near-shoulder height, free-fall speeds. I heard the loud BOOOOM, when it hit the ground, just laughed and shook my head. He just left it there and kept looking for the next package.

Amazon: "Service is all we DONT have"