Amazon Water and AOC Oil Don't Mix

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

bacha29

Amazon has several warehouses with thousands of jobs on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area. Whatever else they are, a person can always find a job there if nowhere else. At $15hr they start at more than most local jobs. People slam Amazon but they provide a fantastic service and in many regions of the country much needed work.
If it's so great why didn't you stay here and work one of those jobs you brag about?

vantexan

If it's so great why didn't you stay here and work one of those jobs you brag about?
I did exactly what I was supposed to do. Worked hard towards building a retirement and when the time came retired. And am greatly enjoying it. And is it bragging to point out they provide jobs?

bacha29

I did exactly what I was supposed to do. Worked hard towards building a retirement and when the time came retired. And am greatly enjoying it. And is it bragging to point out they provide jobs?
Just imagine how far that 15 dollar an hour job would go in the heart of NYC? Check out the news report including the those released by that evil communist pinko liberal CNBC. The only ones really getting hosed are the real estate speculators because most of jobs would have gone to the Park Avenue types while the Average Joe's would not see much of a benefit.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just imagine how far that 15 dollar an hour job would go in the heart of NYC? Check out the news report including the those released by that evil communist pinko liberal CNBC. The only ones really getting hosed are the real estate speculators because most of jobs would have gone to the Park Avenue types while the Average Joe's would not see much of a benefit.
Park Avenue on $150,000 a year?
Yeah buddy! LOL
That will not even get you what $50,000
will get you in Atlanta.
And the public schools are :poop:.
And the transportation sucks in that area.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Does anyone in Los Angeles even watch football?

The Kroenkes’ $1.6 billion investment is higher than the final price of the last NFL team to sell, the Buffalo Bills, which were bought by Terry and Kim Pegula for $1.4 billion in 2014. That underscores the allure of the L.A. market as well as the surging price of building the yet-to-be-named stadium.

Well, the big money is sure betting on it.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Kroenkes’ $1.6 billion investment is higher than the final price of the last NFL team to sell, the Buffalo Bills, which were bought by Terry and Kim Pegula for $1.4 billion in 2014. That underscores the allure of the L.A. market as well as the surging price of building the yet-to-be-named stadium.

Well, the big money is sure betting on it.
LA still isn't really a pro football town. Probably more college football. Very much basketball. I heard they even have a baseball team. And they wish they had a hockey team.

bacha29

Park Avenue on $150,000 a year?
Yeah buddy! LOL
That will not even get you what $50,000
will get you in Atlanta.
And the public schools are :poop:.
And the transportation sucks in that area.
The publicly stated $150,000 number was only the AVERAGE salary. Rest assured there would have quite few making much more and the real estate speculators were jumping all over it. Problem is Queens wasn't the most affluent part of town and there were lifelong residents who and with good reason were asking.....what's in it for us...the blue collar grunts?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The publicly stated $150,000 number was only the AVERAGE salary. Rest assured there would have quite few making much more and the real estate speculators were jumping all over it. Problem is Queens wasn't the most affluent part of town and there were lifelong residents who and with good reason were asking.....what's in it for us...the blue collar grunts?
Increased tax base

bacha29

Increased tax base
Show me the numbers. Should be interesting given the enormous tax and services concessions they demanded. Too much of the support for H2 was based on lofty assumptions and projections for such ventures without binding financial obligations that would have bound Amazon to make good on them regardless of the success or failure of the venture or anything in between nothing they claim could be taken as fact.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is this the best response you've got ? A personal attack that's nothing more than a testament to your own ignorance. You're the one who claimed that it would improve the tax base. I asked you for the numbers that supported it nothing more.
You want the numbers?
You can’t handle the numbers!

If you want the numbers, get off your deadbeat ass and getem yourself.