An Update From MT3

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear Team Members,

First off, thank for everything you do to make FedEx the world leader in package transportation. Each and every one of you is a highly valued member of this organization. Recently, I have been out in the field talking one-on-one with employees to see how YOU really feel about the issues that impact your career and service to our beloved customers.

This direct communication process and feedback to you is an outgrowth of our highly successful WHY and WTF programs, where YOU asked to be a more integral part of the Express operation.

I'd like to begin by addressing the unfortunate incident in which a courier was caught on video throwing packages. As you know, each FedEx package is extremely precious to me and each of you. As far as I know, this is the first time this has ever happened, and that it will never happen again. After careful consideration, we bypassed the GFT process and simply fired the employee. It was the right thing to do because she needed to be an example to all of you how your jobs hang by a piece of thread each and every day, and also how I am your ultimate lord and master. NEVER throw packages. If we are understaffed, you need to run between trucks and gently place each and every package in it's precisely designated point in the vehicle...just like at Station One. If you are assigned 4 trucks to pull instead of your usual 2, just work harder and faster. See...it's that simple!

Next, I have been holding Skip-Level meetings at stations in order to hear your concerns and address them promptly. Here are a few excerpts from actual meetings with randomly selected employees:

1. "How can I be more productive?"...(MT3) In short, you need to work harder, faster, and work through your lunch without pay. However, you DO need to sign out for a break even though you don't take one. We encourage taking breaks during return-to-building time, outbound stem time, and whenever you have a late aircraft or CTV.

2. "Why are FedEx Benefits plans so generous?"... (MT3)We value you as employees, and we want the best coverage for you at the lowest possible cost. That's why we have enhanced your Benefits package by allowing YOU to participate more directly in the process as a true shareholder. Eventually, you will be able to pay for all of your medical costs yourself as FedEx will empower you to be fully in charge of the process...a tremendous benefit to you.

3. "Why are so many employees leaving FedEx"? ...(MT3) This simply is NOT the case. Any employee who appears to be quitting or in the process of termination is actually "pursuing other career opportunities" at FedEx. They are either transferring to another location or moving-up into another position higher in the company, of which there are many. Nobody ever leaves FedEx, and the only employees who no longer work for Express have died.

4. "Why is DRA such an huge success?"... (MT3) It's obvious that DRA has succeeded beyond our wildest expectations and that there have been ZERO issues with it's implementation. We are incredibly happy with DRA and simply enchanted with the feedback we have been receiving from customers and employees. Service levels and satisfaction have never been higher.

5. " How about our Call Centers? This also seems to be an incredible success story"....(MT3) Yes, we are extremely happy with the results of outsourcing Customer Service. There have been ZERO reports of customer dissatisfaction or confusion, and all of our new associates are completely trained and intimately familiar with all FedEx opcos and their operating practices and procedures. Again, not one single complaint, and all of our former Call Center employees have been promoted to better-paying positions within FedEx.

6. "FedEx pays so well. How does the company continue to pay us above what we deserve?"... (MT3) Every day, I ask myself this same question. You are extremely over paid for the very simple, stress-free work you perform for FedEx, and you should be very thankful that you work for such a wonderful company.

These are just a few examples of real questions from real employees JUST LIKE YOU! See WE HEAR YOU.(WHY)

In view of your extreme level of worker satisfaction,current market trends, and exhaustive research, I am announcing the following enhancements to your FedEx experience.

A. Employee Fuel Surcharge: Our research has shown that the average Express route should consume no more than 20 gallons of fuel per week. Effective 9-1-13, any amount over 20 gallons will be charged to the employee at the rate of $5 per gallon for diesel and $4.75 per gallon for gasoline.

B. Zero Lates: Any lates for ANY reason will be cause for immediate discipline, up to and including termination. You have asked for more ownership, and this new policy is in direct response to YOUR wishes.

C. Uniform Purchase Program (UPP): All new uniform items will be charged directly to employees. In order to maintain corporate appearance standards, you must replace uniforms items every 6 months or whenever they become worn and/or stained.

D. The Matthew Thornton Jet Program: (MTJP) In recognition of my superior leadership, I need to be more richly rewarded. Each week, there will be a $50 pre-tax contribution from each employee to enhance my experience as your lord and master. It's hard commuting to and from Memphis from Chicago in such a small jet that doesn't befit my status and importance. The MTJP will allow me to purchase a third home in Jackson Hole and get a larger jet that will get me to MEM more quickly and in the style to which I have become accustomed. A personal airport will be constructed at Jackson Hole in order to expedite my travel times and avoid inconvenience to the most important person in the world...me.

Thank you for everything you do, and for treating every one of our precious packages like it was a newborn baby.

Sincerely,

King Matthew Thornton III

DS

Fenderbender
Mr Fedex,that must have taken you at least an hour to write.
It was quite humorous at times.Have you ever considered being a columnist?
I'm sure the times could use you.
You and soberups should get together and write a book called
​Fredups.
The rise and fall of the package delivery business.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr Fedex,that must have taken you at least an hour to write.
It was quite humorous at times.Have you ever considered being a columnist?
I'm sure the times could use you.
You and soberups should get together and write a book called
​Fredups.
The rise and fall of the package delivery business.

I wrote it in 12 minutes. Only people who work in this business "get" the humor.

whenIgetthere

Love number 5. Perfect example, today I got an oncall, but the spelling was so friend'd up, I had to ask dispatch to verify it was the street I thought it should be.

hypo hanna

Love number 5. Perfect example, today I got an oncall, but the spelling was so friend'd up, I had to ask dispatch to verify it was the street I thought it should be.

For everyone like that you see, there are 10 the your dispatcher has to research and fix before it goes out to the driver.

chargerlou

Dear Team Members,

First off, thank for everything you do to make FedEx the world leader in package transportation. Each and every one of you is a highly valued member of this organization. Recently, I have been out in the field talking one-on-one with employees to see how YOU really feel about the issues that impact your career and service to our beloved customers.

This direct communication process and feedback to you is an outgrowth of our highly successful WHY and WTF programs, where YOU asked to be a more integral part of the Express operation.

I'd like to begin by addressing the unfortunate incident in which a courier was caught on video throwing packages. As you know, each FedEx package is extremely precious to me and each of you. As far as I know, this is the first time this has ever happened, and that it will never happen again. After careful consideration, we bypassed the GFT process and simply fired the employee. It was the right thing to do because she needed to be an example to all of you how your jobs hang by a piece of thread each and every day, and also how I am your ultimate lord and master. NEVER throw packages. If we are understaffed, you need to run between trucks and gently place each and every package in it's precisely designated point in the vehicle...just like at Station One. If you are assigned 4 trucks to pull instead of your usual 2, just work harder and faster. See...it's that simple!

Next, I have been holding Skip-Level meetings at stations in order to hear your concerns and address them promptly. Here are a few excerpts from actual meetings with randomly selected employees:

1. "How can I be more productive?"...(MT3) In short, you need to work harder, faster, and work through your lunch without pay. However, you DO need to sign out for a break even though you don't take one. We encourage taking breaks during return-to-building time, outbound stem time, and whenever you have a late aircraft or CTV.

2. "Why are FedEx Benefits plans so generous?"... (MT3)We value you as employees, and we want the best coverage for you at the lowest possible cost. That's why we have enhanced your Benefits package by allowing YOU to participate more directly in the process as a true shareholder. Eventually, you will be able to pay for all of your medical costs yourself as FedEx will empower you to be fully in charge of the process...a tremendous benefit to you.

3. "Why are so many employees leaving FedEx"? ...(MT3) This simply is NOT the case. Any employee who appears to be quitting or in the process of termination is actually "pursuing other career opportunities" at FedEx. They are either transferring to another location or moving-up into another position higher in the company, of which there are many. Nobody ever leaves FedEx, and the only employees who no longer work for Express have died.

4. "Why is DRA such an huge success?"... (MT3) It's obvious that DRA has succeeded beyond our wildest expectations and that there have been ZERO issues with it's implementation. We are incredibly happy with DRA and simply enchanted with the feedback we have been receiving from customers and employees. Service levels and satisfaction have never been higher.

5. " How about our Call Centers? This also seems to be an incredible success story"....(MT3) Yes, we are extremely happy with the results of outsourcing Customer Service. There have been ZERO reports of customer dissatisfaction or confusion, and all of our new associates are completely trained and intimately familiar with all FedEx opcos and their operating practices and procedures. Again, not one single complaint, and all of our former Call Center employees have been promoted to better-paying positions within FedEx.

6. "FedEx pays so well. How does the company continue to pay us above what we deserve?"... (MT3) Every day, I ask myself this same question. You are extremely over paid for the very simple, stress-free work you perform for FedEx, and you should be very thankful that you work for such a wonderful company.

These are just a few examples of real questions from real employees JUST LIKE YOU! See WE HEAR YOU.(WHY)

In view of your extreme level of worker satisfaction,current market trends, and exhaustive research, I am announcing the following enhancements to your FedEx experience.

A. Employee Fuel Surcharge: Our research has shown that the average Express route should consume no more than 20 gallons of fuel per week. Effective 9-1-13, any amount over 20 gallons will be charged to the employee at the rate of $5 per gallon for diesel and $4.75 per gallon for gasoline.

B. Zero Lates: Any lates for ANY reason will be cause for immediate discipline, up to and including termination. You have asked for more ownership, and this new policy is in direct response to YOUR wishes.

C. Uniform Purchase Program (UPP): All new uniform items will be charged directly to employees. In order to maintain corporate appearance standards, you must replace uniforms items every 6 months or whenever they become worn and/or stained.

D. The Matthew Thornton Jet Program: (MTJP) In recognition of my superior leadership, I need to be more richly rewarded. Each week, there will be a $50 pre-tax contribution from each employee to enhance my experience as your lord and master. It's hard commuting to and from Memphis from Chicago in such a small jet that doesn't befit my status and importance. The MTJP will allow me to purchase a third home in Jackson Hole and get a larger jet that will get me to MEM more quickly and in the style to which I have become accustomed. A personal airport will be constructed at Jackson Hole in order to expedite my travel times and avoid inconvenience to the most important person in the world...me.

Thank you for everything you do, and for treating every one of our precious packages like it was a newborn baby.

Sincerely,

King Matthew Thornton III
Awesome I'm 3 weeks away from leaving this hell hole amen!!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Feels like things have slowed down here in the Fedex Forum. I think Fred has nearly finished breaking the will of the Express courier resistance.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Feels like things have slowed down here in the Fedex Forum. I think Fred has nearly finished breaking the will of the Express courier resistance.

Not yet. As long s I'm still with FedEx, they get both barrels. There are plenty of others who feel the same way.