Anchored In Greater Atlanta, UPS Is Dedicated To Its Employees And The Communities It Serves

Returntosender

I started as employment counsel for UPS – actually the only employment counsel for about 200,000 employees, which was somewhat overwhelming. Eventually I went on to lead the labor employment group, which I grew after recognizing the need to have more support in that area.

In terms of key issues, we’re seeing more retaliation claims, religious discrimination claims and, again, ADA, which tends to be more prevalent because these are focus areas for the EEOC. As a large company with over 400,000 employees, we see a little bit of everything.

http://www.metrocorpcounsel.com/art...cated-its-employees-and-communities-it-serves

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
money.gif

ENOUGH SAID

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In her defense, it was an interview for a lawyer audience ... in particular, lawyers who are hired by companies to augment their legal resources.
I did think it was amusing.
She and I worked on a couple of PR things and she is very prim and proper ... therefore, i consistently drew eye darts from her.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Once again a person who sits behind a desk all day and plays with their pud and keeps their hands clean, and think of lots of ways for the company to throw millions of dollars down the toilet on stuff that don't work. Can I get a hellz yeah my brothers lmfao.

fiddledee

Once again a person who silats behind a desk all day and plays with their pud and keeps their hands clean, and think of lots of ways for the company to throw millions of dollars down the toilet on stuff that don't work. Can I get a hellz yeah my brothers lmfao.

I dont think she has a "pud" to play with. You do realize lawyers are a part of both the company and the union?

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I started as employment counsel for UPS – actually the only employment counsel for about 200,000 employees, which was somewhat overwhelming. Eventually I went on to lead the labor employment group, which I grew after recognizing the need to have more support in that area.

In terms of key issues, we’re seeing more retaliation claims, religious discrimination claims and, again, ADA, which tends to be more prevalent because these are focus areas for the EEOC. As a large company with over 400,000 employees, we see a little bit of everything.

http://www.metrocorpcounsel.com/art...cated-its-employees-and-communities-it-serves

Jim Casey was all about employee ENGAGEMENT?

thessalonian13

What a crock of "you know what". LOL

BigBrown3605

8de3dd3c-05e2-4d31-9b64-b18e598407bf5.jpg

Foamer Pyle

Ohh yea, "UPS has old fashion values." Umm, I would have to say, almost no values, and whatever values are left, they are disappearing. I can certainly remember a time when I had a different opinion than my current. Work is nothing more than a witch hunt, every day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Lwms

Why do you think we haven't had the employee opinion survey in years ? And why, when we did have them some were not allowed to take it ? What does this say about our management ? Should we have trust issues ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you think we haven't had the employee opinion survey in years ? And why, when we did have them some were not allowed to take it ? What does this say about our management ? Should we have trust issues ?

We still have the ERI but it is given on a random basis to save money.