And another thing............

S

serenity now

Does anyone know of another site where employees log on so they rail endlessly about their job and their company ?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Disgruntled Workforce
Blog that accepts work rants. Writing must be approved by site owner. Simple.
Furiocity
From apples to work – rant about anything.
I Gotta Rant
Message board for rants on anything.
Jobacle
The Working Podcast, the #1 career Internet radio show plays your rants! Just leave a voice mail at 888/786-1080 and listen to a future episode for your venomous words.
JobDud
Anonymously write about your job experiences – good or bad. Available in about 12 major cities.
Job Jabber
Hate and love stories welcomed. Review companies. Forums.
JobSchmob
Anonymous rants on employers and co-workers.
Site consists of bloggers and columnists but the core of the content is user-generated rants.
JobVent
Scores and reviews on employers; find out what people thing of working for specific companies.
Content is unedited, though the site monitors to make sure a company is not being targeted by an individual.
Users fill out surveys on companies using a point system. Points are cumulative. For examples, Wal-Mart currently gets an overall score of -1507. NOT good.
Hundreds of companies and thousands of reviews.
Peekface
Post comments about your job experiences and rate your company; send anonymous e-mails back and forth with current employees to get the inside scoop on companies.
Started as a national product but now concentrates solely on NYC.
Tecross
360 Degree company profiles; detailed employer scorecards that include salary, work-life balance, morale, etc.
Questions include: What are the three best things about working at X; What would be the one thing that X should improve the most? etc.
Login/membership is required and users can remain anonymous by selecting a generic user name.
Once 50 people agree with a complaint Tecross will contact the organization to resolve the issue. If the company does not resolve the issue within 30 days, Tecross will send the relevant information to media companies for public awareness.
Vent Vent
Submit complaints and then vote other people’s gripes up or down. You can also leave comments.
Work Rant
Anonymous rants on employers and co-workers.
Name, location and job – and your rant.
The Work Review
User-generated content designed to enable members of the workforce to share information on employers.
Users rate companies on corporate culture, compensation benefits, stability, morale, etc – using a 10-star system.

S

serenity now

Those appear to be general discussions involving many companies; not the focused beat down that we have here.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know. Your question was rhetorical. I just figured I'd be quick on the response to be funny. There is a lot more negative here than positive so I try to judge a post by it's title and when I can resist...I try to steer clear of the crap.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
This is not always about beating down our company.
In fact, I have never posted a negative word about UPS.
I challenge anyone to find one...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is not always about beating down our company.
In fact, I have never posted a negative word about UPS.
I challenge anyone to find one...

Of course there is plenty of negative here but I think most come here for information. Not with the sole intent of bitching.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
As of late I think a good portion of the crap can be attributed to the troll factor and maybe some grumpiness due to the heat or maybe I'm just being optimistic it will get better as it starts to cool down?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How many companies employ more than a quater million ppl?

United States Department of Defense 3.2 million
People's Liberation Army 2.3 million
China Railway Engineering Corporation 2.2 million
Walmart 2.1 million
McDonald's 1.9 million (including franchises)
National Health Service 1.7 million
China National Petroleum Corporation 1.6 million
State Grid Corporation of China 1.5 million
Indian Railways 1.4 million
Indian Armed Forces 1.3 million

lol

Edit: Looks like we're up to $399K employees now:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/facts/worldwide.html

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok private American employers was more my point. We are top 10 I believe top 5. USA today just had an article on it.

The point was who is going to start a forum for a company with 500 employees? We are a unique company that has a large number of employees spread out in many different locations.

​This isn't even the only site dedicated to upsers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
As of late I think a good portion of the crap can be attributed to the troll factor and maybe some grumpiness due to the heat or maybe I'm just being optimistic it will get better as it starts to cool down?

Pretty soon we will get all the new hires joining for Peak Season, the cycle will continue!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I bitch about the bitchers...is that bad? I know I've posted some stupidity...I do try to keep even keeled for the most part though...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ok private American employers was more my point. We are top 10 I believe top 5. USA today just had an article on it.

The point was who is going to start a forum for a company with 500 employees? We are a unique company that has a large number of employees spread out in many different locations.

​This isn't even the only site dedicated to upsers.

Yeah, for US only, we're #5.

1. Walmart

• 2.2 million employees
2. Yum! Brands (KFC, Taco Bell, etc.)

• 523,000 employees
3. McDonald’s

• 440,000 employees
4. IBM

• 434,000 employees
5. United Parcel Service (UPS)

• 399,000 employees
6. Target