Any Fellow Introvert's?

Faceplanted

My dumb? That doesn't make sense. It is you are, or you're

Autism or autistic traits have nothing to do with introvert and extroverted people. And only you are wrongly associating labels. It's weird and well, wrong of you, to associate the two. But go for it and show ignorance

Your a good grammar commie!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A Theory About Introversion, Extroversion, and Autism

There are quite a few theory’s. It’s not a coincidence that most autistic people are introverts. Not all, but most.
It is a theory. You are taking one loosely tied together theory and running with it

"And she proposes something that has come up here from time to time: That introversion actually is on the autism scale."

That does not prove, or even hypothesize that autistic people are automatically introverted. Or that introverted types, even severely, place as autists.

I will agree that autism and introversion probably have ties and interweave. But a few theories of largely unknown mental and social quirks don't prove or disprove.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’m extremely introverted. Driving is a great gig for me; the only place I ever really get time to myself is in the box. Some days are damn near therapeutic. Plus I’m constantly having brief interactions all day and it’s basically my job to be at least somewhat pleasant. So, it’s like exercising a muscle that I wouldn’t otherwise use.
I can tell you with certainty that introversion is not necessarily a trait that one is born with; because at birth and through childhood I was a super outgoing popular well liked normal kid. Nowadays, I literally have no desire to socialize whatsoever. And the people I’m close to have to drag me out to parties and gatherings. I don’t drink which is another part of it; pretty much EVERYBODY drinks and I am someone that likes to be at the top of my game and coherent all the time; so that annoys me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely a very pleasant guy to be around, and I clown around with my coworkers just like everybody else. I’m definitely not autistic, though I can understand the perceived connection. I just don’t care about the stuff most people care about. And I absolutely HATE people whining all the time; I can’t stand it. Keep that as far away from me as possible. Idgaf about anything on Tv because I don’t watch anything but sports and films. Idgaf about twitter or Facebook because I don’t have either.
Being introverted is not necessarily an indication of any sort of underlying “problem,” for many like myself, it’s more of a personal choice....in an effort to take care of myself and stay out of situations that don’t do anything for me

Poop Head

Judge me.
I’m extremely introverted. Driving is a great gig for me; the only place I ever really get time to myself is in the box. Some days are damn near therapeutic. Plus I’m constantly having brief interactions all day and it’s basically my job to be at least somewhat pleasant. So, it’s like exercising a muscle that I wouldn’t otherwise use.
I can tell you with certainty that introversion is not necessarily a trait that one is born with; because at birth and through childhood I was a super outgoing popular well liked normal kid. Nowadays, I literally have no desire to socialize whatsoever. And the people I’m close to have to drag me out to parties and gatherings. I don’t drink which is another part of it; pretty much EVERYBODY drinks and I am someone that likes to be at the top of my game and coherent all the time; so that annoys me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely a very pleasant guy to be around, and I clown around with my coworkers just like everybody else. I’m definitely not autistic, though I can understand the perceived connection. I just don’t care about the stuff most people care about. And I absolutely HATE people whining all the time; I can’t stand it. Keep that as far away from me as possible. Idgaf about anything on Tv because I don’t watch anything but sports and films. Idgaf about twitter or Facebook because I don’t have either.
Being introverted is not necessarily an indication of any sort of underlying “problem,” for many like myself, it’s more of a personal choice....in an effort to take care of myself and stay out of situations that don’t do anything for me
Sounds like something an autistic ups driver would say.

Grey

I wouldn’t say I’m an introvert... moreso just flat out hate people. My customers think I’m great at my job but know not to take conversations past the generic lingo.

I’m probably autistic

InsideUPS

I haven't started yet, but I'm going to be a part time package handler.

It's not that I can't talk to people, or that I'm afraid of it; I just get a bit tired after socializing for a while. I work best when I can just focus on my work.

Will being an introvert negatively affect me?

You will be fine as long as you have the ability to defend yourself when necessary. There are many introverts that I work with and they often make the best coworkers. Like others have said in this thread, do your work and go home.

In regard to your statement "I just get a bit tired after socializing for a while"; UPS is not a place for socializing as you will soon find out when you start working. The work pace does overwhelm many new employees so be prepared to work.....and then be asked to "work a little faster" by your supervisors.

You may want to check out this book also on Amazon..as I found it a good read myself on the subject of introverts.
Introverts.png

InsideUPS

You sound like the perfect coworker to me. Also...a Stone Cold WWE fan I see.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

It's not that I can't talk to people, or that I'm afraid of it; I just get a bit tired after socializing for a while. I work best when I can just focus on my work.

Only if you're not a weeb
ovWoSV9.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Drugs can help if used heavily and regularly.