any of you ever "hook up" with customers???

feeder53

ADKtrails
When I am on duty, I am a company person who represents the company in the way I act, look and talk. If I were to find someone on a route, I would have to keep things on a business level while on the job.....no exceptions. When I meet my significant other here at work I am always expected to be professional, an officer and a gentleman. I think it shows respect for all involved.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I am on duty, I am a company person who represents the company in the way I act, look and talk. If I were to find someone on a route, I would have to keep things on a business level while on the job.....no exceptions. When I meet my significant other here at work I am always expected to be professional, an officer and a gentleman. I think it shows respect for all involved.

Don't that halo get heavy after awhile:peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Feeder, unfortunately, you are among a dying breed of people who take pride in their profession, which I am sure is a result of your time spent in the military. I consider myself the same. When I put on the uniform I represent the company and, as such, try to carry myself with a sense of decorum.

kenco80233

As a young single feeder driver in the early 70s,I had several truck stop romances,and an affair with a female co-driver.I was too scared to have any hanky-panky envoled on the clock.None of these relationships went very far,but at the time,created much more entertainment for my more mature fellow drivers.Being married now for 24years,I had almost forgot it,until I read this thread.

feeder53

ADKtrails
It`s not the Halo, it the Court Martial.......I am far from being an angel, but I do try to give my troops the correct direction by my actions. I try to lead by example.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Thank You UPSTATE, maybe its in the air up your way. I was born and raised in Peru. I will try till I die to set the bar high.

Mike Hawk

We had a driver at one point that was loading his loader, she even lived with him for awhile. That would be an interesting household, “honey your home late”, “sorry shuttling your 3 misloads.”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The single best feature of this forum is the ignore list. There is a certain Really Old Driver whose comments are best ignored as they add little or nothing of substantative value to the threads. I most certainly hope by the time I retire that I will have left any bad feelings for the company in the same hamper that I leave my uniforms in on my way out the door and, if I choose to participate in a forum such as this, I hope that I will be able to participate in an intelligent, thoughtful manner.

rod

Retired 22 years
The single best feature of this forum is the ignore list. There is a certain Really Old Driver whose comments are best ignored as they add little or nothing of substantative value to the threads. I most certainly hope by the time I retire that I will have left any bad feelings for the company in the same hamper that I leave my uniforms in on my way out the door and, if I choose to participate in a forum such as this, I hope that I will be able to participate in an intelligent, thoughtful manner.

Good Lord man-- where's your sense of humor. In your retirement I picture you sitting on your front porch throwing rocks at little kids because they make fun of you and call you Mr. Grumpy... Upstate--Upyours:peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow, I thought he was refering to me!!!!

I believe Really Old Driver refers to Rod -but then again who knows. Must be me as my goal in life now that I'm retired is to add little or nothing of substantive value to the threads anyway. But you have to admit- I'm good at it.:happy2:

SmithBarney

I married mine.. been together 2 years, been married 9mo's
Been great...
How else do you meet people when you work till 8:30 most nights..
:P

I'm wondering how one can add something substantial to a thread about "hooking up" on your delivery area?

UpState///lighten up pal.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Feeder-upstate, me too. It is a matter of respect for me. People that sleep around usually dont have any respect for themselves, or others. Just something I have noticed.

Something else I have noticed is that in a huge number of cases, men take much more care of where they park their car or truck than where they park their d!&k. shame really. And sorry if that offends, its pretty hard to beat around the bush on this one. No pun intended.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My hubby just told me a story. Years and years ago when he was still living in MI he had a friend that was a UPS driver. MY hubby came home one day to find the UPS truck parked in his driveway with a strange car next to it. He walks into his house and his friend and the woman are in the house just getting dressed. Now what are friends good for if not to borrow things? LOL ROFLMAO