Any one have more info on this driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Family, wife, kids? Or what UPS is doing about support for the family?

And a question for UPS. What was this driver doing out after 8PM on a friday night? Trying to make up for incompetent dispatch?

d

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hey Danny, long time no see :)

Good question about the family of that driver. Hopefully someone will have some info.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey Danny, long time no see :)

Good question about the family of that driver. Hopefully someone will have some info.
Cheryl maybe we the cafers here can start up a collection for the family, i hope this is some how do-able. I will put up the first $100 into the fund, its time that we help out other upsers, i could only imagine what would happen to my family if this was to happen to me. Ups is always concerned about united way, but i beleive its time that we start taking care of our fellow upsers in this time of crisis. Maybe some sort of pay-pal or other payment option.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hopefully someonehas already set up a fund locally and we can use this site to help them.

If anyone has any local contact info please pm me.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Hopefully someone has already set up a fund locally and we can use this site to help them.

If anyone has any local contact info please pm me.

Cheryl,

I just e-mailed the reporter who wrote the article. I'll let you know if and when I get an answer.

W

westsideworma

I wonder if Diadlover knows him...he works in the Phoenix area I thought

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
This world is headed on a one way ticket to hell in a handbasket with these selfish morons who dont care if someone else's family is affected by a stupid accident like that

happyboy

I'm sad to hear about another Ups driver dying on the job.. I think this makes about 10 this year that i know of.. It makes you wonder just how safe the package cars are in a wreck.

Im not giving to the United way this year I'd be happy to contribute some money to a fund for this guys family

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I was hoping that we could get some contact information from drivers in or near the center.

I guess I will have to dig around myself since there does not seem to be anyone from his area to respond.

Cheryl, why would we have to wait, why not pass the hat and see what comes of it.

On a related note, we had a driver pick up his wife from the Meth clinic late at night. He was in a hurry to get back home to get a little sleep before going to work. He clipped a concrete barrier, flipping the car which went under a large dump truck coming the other direction. The dump truck driver stated he thought that he had just blown a tire.

His wife and 3 year old were in the back seat, the four year old in the front with his dad. Eddie was 29, and would have been 30 today. He had just topped out pay wise two weeks ago. Wife was banged up a bit, and the Kids are Ok health wise.

Guys, you never know. Make sure you tell your spouse and kids ya love em before you leave. You might not get another chance.

d

Last edited:

Dump and Run

I think there is a way to set up an account through Pay Pal. I have heard of this but don't know how it works for sure. If it is possible it will be a good way we can contribute.

diadlover

Ed Torres was killed Wednesday night by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was racing another vehicle and struck Ed's package car turning it onto it's side. Fuel began leaking into the cab of the package car and was ignited by a fire that broke out elsewhere on his package car. Ed was not able to escape. Ed was delivering a misload and that is why he was out so late. A fund has been set up and donations can be made at any Bank of America under the "Ed Torres Family Assistance Fund". His wife and children will greatly appreciate any help that can be given. He was a great guy who was always smiling no matter the circumstances. He is sorely missed.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tony called B of A and explained the situation and asked them exactly how we could provide the most convenient way for our community to make donations. They won't allow paypal donations but they did offer the following 2 options:

1. Go to any Bank of America and make a donation to the "Ed Torres Fund", an Arizona housed account.

2. Mail your donation to
The Ed Torres Fund
c/o Bank of America
3110 W. Carefree Hwy.
Pheonix AZ 85086

The branch phone number is 623-434-2260

Status
Not open for further replies.