Anyone catch this little tidbit in the earnings release.

TUT

^^^ What a bunch of bull. I wouldn't give any passwords to anyone for any reason.

Right. But some places you would then be disqualifying yourself from employment there. They are working on making that illegal as profiling and discrimination. I was just surprised someone would have the nerve to even think to do this.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's amazing what companies will ask a potential new hire for these days. I don't think employers doing credit checks should be legal either. It's none of their business.

TUT

The thing with social networks is they look up your name, identify you and go from there. Now I'm not concerned personally, I am hugely concerned with my kids, I've been updating them weekly on Facebook type happenings. It's very disturbing. I keep telling them, the old geeks new a lot better than posting their real name and pictures. For pictures we'd use a photo album online, protect that and share the link with family members via email. Long term I don't know for certain Facebook is bad, but for where we are at right now, I'm not seeing enough benefits and more issues.

CJinx

Exactly, non of their business, so lie. Who doesn't lie to get a job. I think even God forgives lying at a job interveiw.
Yeah. Get caught lying at your interview. Good plan.

I don't think it's right either, though. There is currently legislature in the works to prohibit it. In the mean time, I wouldn't give them access and if it cost me a job, oh well.

TUT

This was on Today. While listening to it... I was wondering then if you would be penalized for not having a online account... "What is he/she hiding? Since we can't check on he/she we can't hire them.". Sort of like not having a credit card can hurt your credit score type of thing.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If you're only going to hire me b/c I'm on some social network that you can get the password to and see what I've said, I'm not interested in working for you. I hate things like Face book, consta-texting, and having one ear glued to a cell phone. Heck, I have a "dumb" phone and use it about once a day to tell my wife I'm coming home so she knows to start cooking dinner.

DS

Fenderbender
What's with the social network crap? All my sups know I'm a browncafe follower.
They don't seem to care at all.Nobody ever asked me if I have a facebook or twitter account.
Maybe Fred wants to keep the public in the dark?

dvalleyjim

You need the job you tell them what they want to hear. The comment was 'tongue in cheek" sorry it was lost on you Cjinx. Obviously you have to back up your BS with truth. I know alot of people who didn't get jobs because they offered to much honest information.

Remember your employer will exploit you. That's why you get paid. It's like paid slavery or prostitution. You sell yourself for money.

Now if you do something you love and are paid for your skills that's a life-long career.