APWA has been invited to: UPSF Employees Only

local776

There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Excellent idea. I think the UPSF should make this request on the APWA website also.
Boy is that an invitation to a a** Whipping if i ever heard one ? They may agree to a debate but there will be police there for sure ! Teamsters are not known for their curb side demeanor. It won`t accomplish anything anyhow ? They will only argue over the same oh same oh ! :w00t:

DorkHead

I disagree with you wildgoose. Both sides will have their experts ready with responses and the moderator controls the actual debate. Both sides will be forced to answer with actual facts and numbers because no doubt this will get national media attention in some way or another.

18wheelbrownie

I disagree with you wildgoose. Both sides will have their experts ready with responses and the moderator controls the actual debate. Both sides will be forced to answer with actual facts and numbers because no doubt this will get national media attention in some way or another.

do you think for a minute hoffa would show up for something like this , he didn't even show up for a debate against leedham, he sented someone else to do his work.

DorkHead

No, I don`t think Hoffa will show up. But like I said both sides will have their numbers people representing themselves with some hard actual data. Tough questions will be asked and we get to hear both sides answers. Then UPSF employees will be able to make an informed choice. Seems like that`s all that the UPSF employees are asking for and I hope they get this chance - they deserve it.

local776

No, I don`t think Hoffa will show up. But like I said both sides will have their numbers people representing themselves with some hard actual data. Tough questions will be asked and we get to hear both sides answers. Then UPSF employees will be able to make an informed choice. Seems like that`s all that the UPSF employees are asking for and I hope they get this chance - they deserve it.
NO, APWA has not responed the the letter and it has been 2 months. This invitation was asked by the employees of UPSF in Mechanicsburg Pa. The local union here had excepted the offer but the APWA has not. Seems like mouths can run but cant back them up

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
NO, APWA has not responed the the letter and it has been 2 months. This invitation was asked by the employees of UPSF in Mechanicsburg Pa. The local union here had excepted the offer but the APWA has not. Seems like mouths can run but cant back them up
And when Hoffa should have showed up to debate Leedham he backed out to send a fill in for what should have been the top dog ? Now whose kidding who ? Hoffa keeps on taking hit after hit and just stays in the shadows ? What happen to the card check he stated at the Las Vegas Convention ? What happen when he dumped overnite many a year ago and just walked away - how wonderful that was ? Best contract ever and he can`t even control the lackluster investments for Central states ? Partimers are paying dues and to only get a pay reduction to $8 - $8.50 whoop ti doo ! The list goes on and on. Smoke is getting thick !

local776

And when Hoffa should have showed up to debate Leedham he backed out to send a fill in for what should have been the top dog ? Now whose kidding who ? Hoffa keeps on taking hit after hit and just stays in the shadows ? What happen to the card check he stated at the Las Vegas Convention ? What happen when he dumped overnite many a year ago and just walked away - how wonderful that was ? Best contract ever and he can`t even control the lackluster investments for Central states ? Partimers are paying dues and to only get a pay reduction to $8 - $8.50 whoop ti doo ! The list goes on and on. Smoke is getting thick !
try reading

Last edited:

satellitedriver

There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS
I welcome an open debate.
When you say they (APWA) can pick the day and time but we(Local 776) will pick the place,reminds me of setting up a rumble between rival gangs in the 1960's.
I do not represent APWA, nor am I a spokesman.
The fact that you state no guards or law enforcement are needed makes me reflect on the past intimidation tactics of the teamsters.
When you say it will be an open forum, I hope you do not mean it will be a shout down match.
I truly hope that it will be a rational meeting based on facts and goals.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

local776

I welcome an open debate.
When you say they (APWA) can pick the day and time but we(Local 776) will pick the place,reminds me of setting up a rumble between rival gangs in the 1960's.
I do not represent APWA, nor am I a spokesman.
The fact that you state no guards or law enforcement are needed makes me reflect on the past intimidation tactics of the teamsters.
When you say it will be an open forum, I hope you do not mean it will be a shout down match.
I truly hope that it will be a rational meeting based on facts and goals.
Keep us posted on how it goes.
OK hear we go, not being a smart a**
1. When asked, the Local Teamsters Union had accepted the offer to partcipate in this open debate and had offered to pay for the meeting hall. Since both parties had held their meetings at Wandas previously, I seen nothing wrong with this. HRS and Yrk employees know the location.
2.. “ Intimidation tactics” Maybe years ago. This is the new Teamsters. You can Learn from past mistakes and not make them twice. Speaking of tactics you need go to a APWA meeting.
3. The employees had made a request and a letter was sent, to this day I have heard nothing from the APWA nor do I expect to.
4.I went to an APWA meeting and a Teamsters meeting. The Teamsters had a open door meeting and all was welcomed. At the APWA meeting a guard was standing at the top of the stairs checking I.D badges and the door was kept shut during the meeting. So us employees decided no guards, no law satnding at the door. This debate is for our benifit so we hear both sides.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
OK hear we go, not being a smart a**
1. When asked, the Local Teamsters Union had accepted the offer to partcipate in this open debate and had offered to pay for the meeting hall. Since both parties had held their meetings at Wandas previously, I seen nothing wrong with this. HRS and Yrk employees know the location.
2.. “ Intimidation tactics” Maybe years ago. This is the new Teamsters. You can Learn from past mistakes and not make them twice. Speaking of tactics you need go to a APWA meeting.
3. The employees had made a request and a letter was sent, to this day I have heard nothing from the APWA nor do I expect to.
4.I went to an APWA meeting and a Teamsters meeting. The Teamsters had a open door meeting and all was welcomed. At the APWA meeting a guard was standing at the top of the stairs checking I.D badges and the door was kept shut during the meeting. So us employees decided no guards, no law satnding at the door. This debate is for our benifit so we hear both sides.
Danny easy was assaulted at one of the APWA meetings and the thug (teamster) wasn`t even a ups employee and you say the union has a better demeanor ? How do you figure. Down south they find out you like the APWA standards they threaten you out in the parking lot. They do this because they have it great with high pay,solid pensions and better insurance than us clowns !!!!!!!!!!!!

local776

Danny easy was assaulted at one of the APWA meetings and the thug (teamster) wasn`t even a ups employee and you say the union has a better demeanor ? How do you figure. Down south they find out you like the APWA standards they threaten you out in the parking lot. They do this because they have it great with high pay,solid pensions and better insurance than us clowns !!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see this so called assult or are you hearing this from other people? Assult comes in different forms. try reading the legal definition. If it happened at a meeting as you say other people would have gotten involved. From your post you have to work for UPSFreight. I didnt no the teamsters were mind readers or how would they no who to approach in the parking lot. Hmmmmmmm. Is this story telling time

Last edited: