Apwa Off To Good Start

brett636

How many people have signed up so far? how much money has the APWA taken in? How long before an election....oh wait, u can't tell me any of this because the APWA won't release that information!

any122

adirondack man
How many people have signed up so far? how much money has the APWA taken in? How long before an election....oh wait, u can't tell me any of this because the APWA won't release that information!
BRETT the IBT man lets talk about what the IBT has done for the fellow brother hood in the past up to even today.Why don't you thank them for fighting for the great pension that at age 62 or was that age65 or was it 70 you will retire now.May be HOFFA is In ESKEWS pocket deep enough that he will get you a good contract before 2008.Maybe he will get all the parttime workers a decent wage or a fulltime position?But I doubt very much this will happen.Keep paying them dues and smile as you walk in at age 65 to go deliver your 150 packages a day or maybe 200.GOODLUCK!

Buckethead

BRETT the IBT man lets talk about what the IBT has done for the fellow brother hood in the past up to even today.Why don't you thank them for fighting for the great pension that at age 62 or was that age65 or was it 70 you will retire now.May be HOFFA is In ESKEWS pocket deep enough that he will get you a good contract before 2008.Maybe he will get all the parttime workers a decent wage or a fulltime position?But I doubt very much this will happen.Keep paying them dues and smile as you walk in at age 65 to go deliver your 150 packages a day or maybe 200.GOODLUCK!

Tap dancing at its finest.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Nothing wrong with the ideas of the APWA, but their goals are nowhere near realistic. I know the Teamsters aren't perfect but the way to change is from the top down. Lets get Hoffa out of there, and keep electing new officers until we get the change we need.

30andout

Do you really think anyone in the IBT wants to quit their high paying work for UPS. Hoffa would loose a lot of kickback income.

any122

adirondack man
Nothing wrong with the ideas of the APWA, but their goals are nowhere near realistic. I know the Teamsters aren't perfect but the way to change is from the top down. Lets get Hoffa out of there, and keep electing new officers until we get the change we need.
Sounds like what you here around election time in DC.Should we vote for the democrap or republocrap same crap just a different label.DO you want pepsi or coke same taste differrent cans.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Nothing like that. You boast all these great numbers. But realistically I can't see it paying out. Let say some one who already has 15 yeaars in with the teasters comes over and gives another 15 years of service to the APWA. Are you going to give hime a full pension even though he did not put in a full thirt years with you. The teamsters aren't going to give him anything since he didn't meet any retirement years with the teamsters. So the APWA will cover all of this even though nowhere near that amount was ever contributed. I will never happen.

I can see the UPS execs sitting back just loving this dissention withing the ranks...

mittam

Nothing like that. You boast all these great numbers. But realistically I can't see it paying out. Let say some one who already has 15 yeaars in with the teasters comes over and gives another 15 years of service to the APWA. Are you going to give hime a full pension even though he did not put in a full thirt years with you. The teamsters aren't going to give him anything since he didn't meet any retirement years with the teamsters. So the APWA will cover all of this even though nowhere near that amount was ever contributed. I will never happen.

I can see the UPS execs sitting back just loving this dissention withing the ranks...

hey just an idea sounds like you have plenty of questions go to apwa or Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK!? WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT''? and ask the questions there. Danny and Vans phone numbers are there you could call one of them and ask the questions you have they would be glad to talk with you