are there rules to how many people can be in a truck when unloading

bigdukes2

i have been at ups unloading for 6 months now. recently my supe has been putting 2 of us unloaders in a truck. it is always the last 1 or 2 trucks of the night and is very cramped and hard to work with 2 of us in there. my question- is this legal? it suppose to help speed things up but it only makes things slower and more dangerous it seems. any help would be appreciated.

22.34life

how could two people in a trailer be cramped ,one on one side and one on the other and yes it is legal and common practice at ups to unload and load with two guys in a load.

bigdukes2

thanks for all the smart :censored2: comments. wasnt refering to a trailer but a regular ups truck with 3 foot in between the shelves that at most would take 5 minutes to unload. perhaps i expected too from this forum.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I thought you meant on preload. Sorry. I wouldn't want anyone else in a PC unloading. 800 and under way too cramped. 1200 I can see having two.

working up a sweat

2's company, 3's a crowd in a trailer unload. 3 could work in loading trailer, 1 scanning and 2 power loading. For a PC, 2 people is too cramped for the narrow aisle.

UPSGUY72

I have seen and been part of 4 or 5 people in a 53 ft. Two put the boxes on the rollers the other two make sure that the packages are rolling down the rollers to the two sorters. Also getting another roller and stand to be set up when the space open for one.

thanks for all the smart :censored2: comments. wasnt refering to a trailer but a regular ups truck with 3 foot in between the shelves that at most would take 5 minutes to unload. perhaps i expected too from this forum.

Those were not smart ass comments.

This is a smart ass comment:

Depends. Do you like each other?
images

working up a sweat

Good point UPSGUY72, that can work well . I
work in an air hub with the luxury of extendo's. However during peak, we unloaded a trailer on the "verti-lift" dock. Transfering the boxes onto a portable roller into an air container. There were 5 people in the trailer bucket brigading the packages to the rollers on the platform. 3 other people were working the the rollers to 2 people in the air container loading. I guess they can call this power unloading. LOL!