Are tieguy and upssocks one and the same?

P

pickup

I noticed that upssocks has made quite a mark in the 100 posts he has posted since joining sometime in mid september. One thing that struck me as rather odd is that he actually had a small positive rep which meant someone thought his posts(which essentially are playing the same note) were worthy of such a distinction. That meant someone else with a positive rep had to give it to him. The only one with an axe to grind against teamsters (and with a well deserved positive reputation) would be tieguy. Especially since his dustup with the moderators and soberups in a thread I can't seem to find anymore.

Since that time, tieguy has essentially disappeared. Enter upssocks who is as antiunion as soberups is antimanagement. Then there was a period of from from )9/28 to 10-3 where upssocks disappeared and tieguy was banging in a few posts and then on 10-03, tieguy got a few posts in and then it looks like the baton was passed on to upssocks who has been posting since 10-03(after a break that tie guy filled in on) . According to the recent posts feature , tie guy posted last on 10-03 while upssocks, since that time has been posting non stop

The other thing is that upssocks is not a dummy, his posts are well written just like tieguy's posts were and remarkably in the same style.

I did have a tieguy sighting in chat last week, he checked in and mentioned the word "sober" and then checked out.

As I write this post, I see the green lights on tieguy and upssocks , although nothing new from tieguy.

Come on tieguy, you made your point. But let's face it , after ten thousand posts here, you are addicted and couldn't walk away so you created your antiunion alterego upssocks in order to feed your addiction to posting , provide yourself an outlet for your antiunion sentiments (in exact opposition to soberups), as well as to feed your need for revenge against what you feel is an antimanagement website

How close did I hit to the mark this time tieguy?(ok, I was off the mark yesterday) Come back we miss you. Halloween is saturday. On sunday, take your mask off and come back as lovable tieguy.

I'm so sure of what I said above that I wish I had the opportunity to bet my next paycheck on it

Last edited by a moderator:

NY11725

I noticed that upssocks has made quite a mark in the 100 posts he has posted since joining sometime in mid september. One thing that struck me as rather odd is that he actually had a small positive rep which meant someone thought his posts(which essentially are playing the same note) were worthy of such a distinction. That meant someone else with a positive rep had to give it to him. The only one with an axe to grind against teamsters would be tieguy. Especially since his dustup with the moderators and soberups in a thread I can't seem to find anymore.

Since that time, tieguy has essentially disappeared. Enter upssocks who is as antiunion as soberups is antimanagement. Then there was a period of from from )9/28 to 10-3 where upssocks disappeared and tieguy was banging in a few posts and then on 10-03, tieguy got a few posts in and then it looks like the baton was passed on to upssocks who has been posting since 10-03(after a break that tie guy filled in on) . According to the recent posts feature , tie guy posted last on 10-03 while upssocks, since that time has been posting non stop

The other thing is that upssocks is not a dummy, his posts are well written just like tieguy's posts were and remarkably in the same style.

I did have a tieguy sighting in chat last week, he checked in and mentioned the word "sober" and then checked out.

As I write this post, I see the green lights on tieguy and upssocks , although nothing new from tieguy.

Come on tieguy, you made your point. But let's face it , after ten thousand posts here, you are addicted and couldn't walk away so you created your antiunion alterego upssocks in order to feed your addiction to posting , provide yourself an outlet for your antiunion sentiments (in exact opposition to soberups), as well as to feed your need for revenge against what you feel is an antimanagement website

How close did I hit to the mark this time tieguy?(ok, I was off the mark yesterday) Come back we miss you. Halloween is saturday. On sunday, take your mask off and come back as lovable tieguy.

I'm so sure of what I said above that I wish I had the opportunity to bet my next paycheck on it

if both usernames are always posting negitive and smart ass comments..then..yes they r the same

klein

Für Meno :)
if both usernames are always posting negitive and smart ass comments..then..yes they r the same

Seems close to me, too. Thinking about it. Arguing with him as well.
What does a manager or sup benefit from, from having UPS making "super" profits ?
Asking us to take pay cuts, while they, (UPS company) even forecast a much larger profit next year.

Typical Manager, thanks union guys, for still making us profitable in the worst recession in our lifetime, but, can you please take a paycut?

For whom ? Tie ?

rod

Retired 22 years
upssocks = tieguy :thumbup1: By jove Watson- I think you've solved it.:wink2:

I think he was also "kenmei"

and maybe "sexyupsman"

As someone who has butted heads with Tie in the past I would be severely disappointed with him if he were pulling this UPSSOCKS stunt. Personally I think if he was going to get in the face of someone here he would do it as himself because he takes pride in proving us wrong when he can. But Tie will also side with us when he thinks we`re right. I don`t think it`s him.

Socks is just an antagonizing :censored2:,plain and simple.

dragracer66

I noticed that upssocks has made quite a mark in the 100 posts he has posted since joining sometime in mid september. One thing that struck me as rather odd is that he actually had a small positive rep which meant someone thought his posts(which essentially are playing the same note) were worthy of such a distinction. That meant someone else with a positive rep had to give it to him. The only one with an axe to grind against teamsters (and with a well deserved positive reputation) would be tieguy. Especially since his dustup with the moderators and soberups in a thread I can't seem to find anymore.

WOW!!!! I wish I had the time and the concern to wonder who is who on here!!!!! How do we know your not tie guy trying to throw everybody off with this thread???

P

pickup

WOW!!!! I wish I had the time and the concern to wonder who is who on here!!!!! How do we know your not tie guy trying to throw everybody off with this thread???

damn , you got me.

Seriously, if I weren't off the internet for two weeks, I would have picked up on it right away.

P

pickup

I know this: it seems like upssocks' posts are suddenly disappearing. I knew he had some in a few threads and I now I can't find them .Curiouser and Curiouser

fethrs

I hate to disagree with everyone but... I never had any problems with Tie I may not have agreed but I never had any problems with him and I have seen him on the ff site too not just on bc. When socks slammed the hourlies as scum, I gave him neg reps and said something like if you mean it you are an idiot. I got a message back from socks, saying "I mean it, you are an idiot shut up"... I'm pretty sure tie would not have said that to me, I think he would have ignored the comment I made and not sent me that kind of message...

ol'browneye

I have to admit, I've been thinking the same thing lately. I just don't have the time to research and think about it.

If BBAG and Livin' the Dream are the same person, why not?

P

pickup

I know this, all posts by upssocks have disappeared. Not a trace of them can be found (only when someone quoted him) . That disappearing act happened sometime after my thread starting post today.

Hard to compare styles when one's style is gone.

Moderators, did any of you delete all his posts?

P

pickup

This is from a pm that was sent to me from another member two minutes after my initial post. I will not include the member's name.:

I'm almost positive they are the same. The biggest clue for me is both of them misspell "their" as "thier".

P

pickup

Just have the admins check the ip that logs on for both accounts.:greedy:

that could work but it also might not. Once could easily use a proxy server to hide one's ip address . For example , if a guy is in jersey, and he uses a proxy server in chicago , it will show up with the ip and the location of the proxy server in chicago even though he is using another ip to connect to that proxy server.

I wonder if that test can even be done now because all of upssock's posts have disappeared.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No they arent the same.

Tieguy is highly intelligent. I wouldnt even necessarily classify him as "anti-union", any more than I am "anti-management". We both want the same thing, we just disagree on how to get there.

Upssocks on the other hand is nothing more than a troll. His posts are little more than spam, repetitive drivel with no real content or thought, devoid of any purpose other than to incite anger.