Are you happy with the direction the "Brown" Cafe is taking?

What statement bests describes your position on BC?

• PLEASE put (UPS) Brown back into "Brown" Cafe!

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Let's change "BC" to industry wide site!

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I could care less!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Just keep it as Browncafe and let it evolve naturally.

Votes: 53 60.2%

• Total voters

tieguy

Banned
Sorry Tie, I meant that post in jest. Maybe I should have put a smiley emoticon on there to let you know..

regardless of whether it was meant to be a joke or not is it helps distract the message here. There is no paranoia against fdx posters being here and posting here. they have been here for a while. the change that occurs to the core of this site is when you add fdx forums. that now makes this an industry site not a ups site.

tieguy

Banned
Your funny tieguy.....You want to keep this a UPS site. If you do, then please don't tell anybody to go and work for FEDX. Because they just might do that or compare us with them..

Remember how FEDX was founded?

From bad attitudes..thats how....or should I say take it or leave it attitudes!

Ups probably would have been a monopoly by now.....maybe it was planned?

I am Not mad at your response but we need to include FEDX..simply because it is too late not too!

Maybe we can learn some things from this company and get our business back before its too late!!

After all there stock is so much higher than ours! :peaceful:

another poster who did not understand this is not about fdx but about the change to our site.

fdx was started by Fred S who created a new market and sold it.

fdx shares are not that much higher then ours and are worth less since they have less shares on the market.:peaceful:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
another poster who did not understand this is not about fdx but about the change to our site.

[COLOR=#0000ff]fdx was started by Fred S who created a new market and sold it. [/COLOR]

fdx shares are not that much higher then ours and are worth less since they have less shares on the market.:peaceful:

Wasnt that market started 60 years earlier by the great founder of our company Mr Casey, but since nodody thought the service would be profitable enough in those times, it was decided to scrap it. just think if Jim Casey was able to fight his critics and air would have been going since the 30's, there would have probably never been a fedex today.Interesting to think, "what if?"

tieguy

Banned
Wasnt that market started 60 years earlier by the great founder of our company Mr Casey, but since nodody thought the service would be profitable enough in those times, it was decided to scrap it. just think if Jim Casey was able to fight his critics and air would have been going since the 30's, there would have probably never been a fedex today.Interesting to think, "what if?"

lot of specualation there. ups had the second day air business going for a long time and never really saw a huge demand for it. Fred walked in and not only got the overnight going but created the market by convincing people they needed the service.

regardless of whether it was meant to be a joke or not is it helps distract the message here. There is no paranoia against fdx posters being here and posting here. they have been here for a while. the change that occurs to the core of this site is when you add fdx forums. that now makes this an industry site not a ups site.
SO? Why is that such a big deal?

feeder53

ADKtrails
I think the BC is a great way to share info and to build networks that help all of us. Just be mindful of the info you give out.....this is a great format but it is sterile....We can not see the person posting and as humans we see where the person is going by body gestures, tone of voice etc. Also remember that we do not control who sees the info and how they use it. With this in mind lets build.

over9five

Staff member
You do know there are wonders of modern psychiatric medicine that can be prescribed to help deal with any anxiety or thoughts of paranoia. i`m sure we can get you referrals.

I think the Moderator Team should be OBJECTIVE. We don't need moderators attacking the UPS posters.

tieguy

Banned
I thought this site was not sponsored or endorsed by ups?

its not endorsed by ups. it is as the link says supposed to be ups information for upsers.

So looking at the results it appears the "natural" choice will win. I'm not sure what this means because there is no natural migration everything that happens is the result of a deliberate action by someone.

But as such we will now have an inudustry site where we pretend its still a site for upsers.

over9five

Staff member
C'mon, Cach you took a shot at Tie and then tried to backpeddle out of it.
As a moderator, you represent BrownCafe and we expect you to maintain a higher standard. Unless, of course, taking shots at UPS posters by the Moderator Team is now condoned by the management.

tieguy

Banned
Show me in my original post where there is an attack on Tie.

I can say a lot of things on this site under the guise of it being a joke and you folks would be putting my access rights on lockdown.

Regardless of how you say you intended it , it was definitely a shot across my bow. whether you were giggling at the time or not is irrelevant.

brazenbrown

I think the Moderator Team should be OBJECTIVE. We don't need moderators attacking the UPS posters.

Please, Cashsux has been a very clever and funny personality way before he became a mod. You want him to refrain from being himself because it interferes with your agenda?

"I don't think the term "Brown Café" fits anymore."
I don't either. It's a sad thing, too. The end of an era.
There's a company on my route, "Joes Fly by Night Deliveries". Maybe we could start a sub-forum for them too.
End of an era, the end of something you have so admired and had the privilege to enjoy!! Admired enough, just enough to disrespect Cheryl and this website by making fun of it with your " Joes fly by night", fly by the seat of your pants joke! What kind of message does that send?
Some of us believe this site is reeeeeal good just the way it is, and shouldn't change in this way. We've been around a long time, and should be able to voice our opinions without being called crybabies or 16 year olds. It seems that voicing these opinions won't change anything, but we can still voice them, can't we??

If you truly feel that way then why the “16 year old” comment about “Joes Fly by Night Deliveries”? Is that how a long standing and supportive member such as you gives support?? Are you saying that FDX has absolutely no relevance to UPS and that a forum for them destroys what Cheryl has created?? The more I read this thread the more I just don’t understand what the loyal members are complaining about.

Pretty much a non issue if you ask me!:biting:

tieguy

Banned
Please, Cashsux has been a very clever and funny personality way before he became a mod. You want him to refrain from being himself because it interferes with your agenda?

End of an era, the end of something you have so admired and had the privilege to enjoy!! Admired enough, just enough to disrespect Cheryl and this website by making fun of it with your " Joes fly by night", fly by the seat of your pants joke! What kind of message does that send?

If you truly feel that way then why the “16 year old” comment about “Joes Fly by Night Deliveries”? Is that how a long standing and supportive member such as you gives support?? Are you saying that FDX has absolutely no relevance to UPS and that a forum for them destroys what Cheryl has created?? The more I read this thread the more I just don’t understand what the loyal members are complaining about.

Brazen its really a simple point. you have ups forums, you have fdx forums. that makes this an industry site. If Cheryl leaves it as it was you still have the fdx posters here, you still have news about our competition. You still have everything else. Once you start creating forums for employees of other companies then this is no longer the brown cafe providing ups info for upsers. Its now an industry site. Many of us would rather it stayed a ups site.

over9five

Staff member

No. I want him to "refrain from being himself" because he is a Moderator now, and should act accordingly as he represents BrownCafe. Three moderators seem to coddle the Fedex workers, which is one thing but talking down to the UPS posters is another.

Sarcasm.

Once again, sarcasm. And I can show my support and express my opinion how I want. IMHO the Moderator Team should not be taking sides, they should remain impartial.

Your opinion.

brazenbrown

Brazen its really a simple point. you have ups forums, you have fdx forums. that makes this an industry site. If Cheryl leaves it as it was you still have the fdx posters here, you still have news about our competition. You still have everything. Once you start creating forums for employees of other companies then this is no longer the brown cafe providing ups info for upsers. Its now an industry site. Many of us would rather it stayed a ups site.

I got your point along time ago and I don't agree, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I still consider it the Browncafe because as a UPSer it's the best site for me to come to to get information about UPS. And if I want to see what FDX is up to then I can look at their forums. The Browncafe is whatever Cheryl wants it to be and in my opinion will always be a UPS site first.

If and when FDX gets a visit from the teamsters don't you think that it would benefit us to have these forums? What better place for FDX employees to have a venue to discuss the ramifications of becoming a union shop. You know as well as I that this would be a benefit to us as much as for them to have this type of venue. Remember how heated and busy it got in here before contract time. Imagine yourself, 705red, local 804 and others giving advice to FDX ground drivers trying to organize their workplace...:happy2:

As I told fedxemployee when they are union then we can compare real apples to apples as we're kicking their :censored2:!

GO UPS!!

brazenbrown

IMHO the Moderator Team should not be taking sides, they should remain impartial.

I'll have to agree with you on that point, they should remain impartial.

Perhaps being a newer mod and not realizing how his opinion is viewed differently now would be his excuse however knowing his personality I could see how it would slip through.

Sometimes I think we take ourselves just a little too seriously!:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
I'll have to agree with you on that point, they should remain impartial.

Perhaps being a newer mod and not realizing how his opinion is viewed differently now would be his excuse however knowing his personality I could see how it would slip through.

Sometimes I think we take ourselves just a little too seriously!:peaceful:

I don't think so. We had a debate going on this subject. He as a moderator threw in his little joke about my being paranoid which you apparently like. It was deliberate and it had its desired affect. :dissapointed:

tieguy

Banned
I got your point along time ago and I don't agree, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I still consider it the Browncafe because as a UPSer it's the best site for me to come to to get information about UPS. And if I want to see what FDX is up to then I can look at their forums. The Browncafe is whatever Cheryl wants it to be and in my opinion will always be a UPS site first.

no ones disputing Cheryls rights everything else you listed was available before the last change.

If and when FDX gets a visit from the teamsters don't you think that it would benefit us to have these forums? What better place for FDX employees to have a venue to discuss the ramifications of becoming a union shop.

they had the means to do all that before. Under the competition forum. You say you heard and read what I said before but It does not look like you did?