Are you working today? Hurricane Sandy.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Went out today as normal on CT shoreline. 9 stops in I broke down when my power steering line blew. Got replacement truck at 1030. Loaded everything into it and delivered 3 more stops and at 11:00 was called off the road...

UPSGUY72

Worked today in Mass , called us off of road early

I punched out at 4:50pm as of that time they hadn't called us in and the local sort was starting to show up. The wind almost blew my Toyota Corolla of the mass pike a couple of times on the way home. The State police was out in force giving speeding tickets out you would think they would have better things to do during a storm like this.

Even the post off called there people of the road early. I wouldn't have expected my building to call us in early when the Hurricane came through last year they didn't call US in till after a tree fell on one of package cars and the driver got hurt. Basically after the storm had already past.

There isn't going to be any work tomorrow if we even work I'm betting they'll be calling people to take the day off.

westin

We worked here on the east coast of Va. Were told to be back by 630, punched out a little after 7. My truck was under water most of the day in my house calls. Had to break the rules as I dont like twice the work the next day. Had to leave the truck running because the exhaust was under water for most of the house calls. Occasional back into the driveway so I could go out the back because i didnt feel like wading through 4 ft of water. I know most drivers arent that dedicated but I just dont like bringing stuff back.

over9five

Staff member
Boy, I tell you. No one better ever mention safety to me again after this crap. No reason at all to put lives at risk. No one would have blamed UPS for not operating during a hurricane. "Our employees safety comes first" my ass.

UPSGUY72

Boy, I tell you. No one better ever mention safety to me again after this crap. No reason at all to put lives at risk. No one would have blamed UPS for not operating during a hurricane. "Our employees safety comes first" my ass.

Safety at UPS is like smoke mirrors. The bottom line is making money and safety will never get in the way of that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Stay home! You have a new 'french drain' to look after.:happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender
Man those winds are wicked!Our power has gone out, like 8 times
only to come back on.I made my phone a hot spot and am using it to
get online.I've never seen it like this here.

klein

Für Meno :)
Man those winds are wicked!Our power has gone out, like 8 times
only to come back on.I made my phone a hot spot and am using it to
get online.I've never seen it like this here.

Close to your neck of the woods :

Woman killed by flying debris in Toronto
A woman dies after being hit by a sign in the city's west end as Sandy's effects begin to be felt in Canada.

U

uber

Times like these I'm thankful I live in the Pacific Northwest where the worst mother nature has to offer is a rainy day.

But I need my package. Get in your feeder truck and drive it four hours closer for me would ya ?