Arlington cemetery mismanagment...awful

ups1990

Totally unacceptable and someone needs to get fired. Didn't the workers notice it while driving the machinery digging and filling the hole?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Totally unacceptable and someone needs to get fired. Didn't the workers notice it while driving the machinery digging and filling the hole?

There is a big ongoing investigation and they already fired or forced to resign high up officials over this. They are bringing in some type of equipment that can scan the grave sites to see if there are empty graves or more than one person buried in the grave. Im sure there will be more on this soon.

bigbrownhen

How on earth could someone be buried in the wrong place, under the wrong name. What an insult to the deceased and their families.

It stated that this Higginbotham guy created a hostile work enviornment. I wonder exactly what he did? What were his job duties? This is the head that should roll in my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hen, unfortunately it happens all of the time. In 1955 there was a flood in my hometown and it washed many of the caskets out of the ground at the local cemetery. Caskets at that time did not bear any identification markers so it was a logistical nightmare trying to figure out which casket was for which person.

However, there is simply no excuse for what transpired at Arlington. None.