Asked to be a pt supervisor

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Not necessarily true, they ask early while you're still too dumb to say no in hopes of reeling a few in.

I still get asked on the regular but its because I know my work area and my center manager seems to come to me for updates on how things are going than he does to my Sup.

To the OP:

If you want to stay at UPS turn it down, if you're only planning on being here for a few months to make some extra money during college or whatever, take it up. It's a big pay raise (over 50%/hour more I believe) and more hours than you're getting one month in as a part timer but you'll probably hate your life.

Simply put, if you wanna be permanent and make a career here say no, temporary say yes.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for answering my question.

I think I'm gonna say no to the sup position. It seems like once you go sup you cant go back
The problem is you were a seasonal hire and you were hired a month and a half ago (Your words not mine).

If you say no to the position, they will get rid of you, probably would have anyways
If you say yes, you stay at UPS but you won't be doing what you're doing

Am I missing something here ????? You didn't say anything about them keeping you after January 15th in your present position.

browner89

The problem is you were a seasonal hire and you were hired a month and a half ago (Your words not mine).

If you say no to the position, they will get rid of you, probably would have anyways
If you say yes, you stay at UPS but you won't be doing what you're doing

Am I missing something here ????? You didn't say anything about them keeping you after January 15th in your present position.

You're replying to two different people, I'm not the OP, i'm not a seasonal hire. I was giving an example of someone who is regularly asked to be a sup and turns it down as often as the sun rises, they have no intentions of letting me go.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You're replying to two different people, I'm not the OP, i'm not a seasonal hire. I was giving an example of someone who is regularly asked to be a sup and turns it down as often as the sun rises, they have no intentions of letting me go.
I know who I replied to.
He is not a permanent hire and has not secured or been promised a union job after peak is over.
You are advising him as if he was already a union employee and can say No and walk away.
He is between a rock and a hard place at the moment. His sup and the manager above him talked to him about staying as management.
There was a reason they asked him like that.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

A supervisor is just what the title says, we supervise the sort. If you want long hours, have a thick skin, looking to put something on your resume once you're done with school go for it. If you are just looking for a bigger check, don't waste your time.

I don't regret going into management. But it's a whole different world. Your stress level is much higher and crap does roll down hill, and you'll catch a lot of it.

S

selfcancelsignal

I was hired about 1 month and a half ago as a seasonal loader. Today my supervisor and his boss asked me if i was interested in being a supervisor.

What does a supervisor even do? Is it a good idea to do this?
If you want no one to talk to you, unless you count yelling, & 0 respect from drivers & management, go for it.

hardcharger

Yea take the Job bec you think they've asked u because they see what a great supervisor u could be. Prob bec Google and Apple are banging down your door trying to hire u with your HS education. Don't believe the car washers when they tell u they already passed on the offer bec they really are a smarter than you. PT sup is like head fry guy at McDonald's.