Atlantic Supplement Seniority Question

Rjritchie

Atlantic Supplement Question on Building Seniority. https://teamster.org/.../2018/12/ups18atlanticareasupp.pdf

Hired the 1st week of October, working 17 days in October, 5 of those at school, 1 in the building and the rest driving. Drove November and December (doesn't count towards your 30 or your 90) Drove the first 2 weeks of January then started working inside. Didn't drive again till June when I became a 22.4, but worked inside from January till becoming a 22.4. What would my building seniority date be? I've gotten several contradicting answers from my local. I was sent to school a week earlier then what UPS put on the application, due to working at UPS 10 years prior when I left the army, which the Union stated is what they use for hire date.

I was told by my local my seniority is October, then I was told December, now I'm being told March. December and March just happen to be the dates I had to get UPS to correct my pay. I was then also told my building seniority is split between every category, stating because I wasn't preload in October, that working time doesn't count towards my part time seniority. Local then started telling me UPS terminates everyone on January 1st, so my 30 and 90 resets. Which contradicts the contract, nor was I terminated. Even more, I started receiving my 9 month benefits on time. I just wish I could get the same answer and not an answer that contradicts the contract and previous answer. So If anyone could help me get some insight on what my seniority date should be based on the supplement union contract.

Rjritchie

1st week of October
My local union representative said it’s not October. That it’s January or March. He stated to get building seniority, my work has to be in the same classification. Because I drove October to January then started working inside. But this same guy has given me a different answer every time I’ve talked to him. I argued with him for an entire month off and on that 22.4 are guaranteed 8 straight hours if scheduled and not laid off, he finally agreed with me on the phone today. Prior he was telling us we had to split shift regardless to get our 8…

My local union representative said it’s not October. That it’s January or March. He stated to get building seniority, my work has to be in the same classification. Because I drove October to January then started working inside. But this same guy has given me a different answer every time I’ve talked to him. I argued with him for an entire month off and on that 22.4 are guaranteed 8 straight hours if scheduled and not laid off, he finally agreed with me on the phone today. Prior he was telling us we had to split shift regardless to get our 8…
Isn't there a seniority list at your building?

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
dont-care-idc.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
ARTICLE 48 – SENIORITY
Section 1 – General
Seniority, as measured by length of continuous service with the
Company shall prevail at all times.

The Employer agrees to post an updated seniority list quarterly
(January, April, July, October), in each center for that center. If no
protest is made within a thirty (30) day period, the list shall stand as
correct.
A copy of the seniority list will be sent to the Local Union
at the time of posting.

Rjritchie

ARTICLE 48 – SENIORITY
Section 1 – General
Seniority, as measured by length of continuous service with the
Company shall prevail at all times.

The Employer agrees to post an updated seniority list quarterly
(January, April, July, October), in each center for that center. If no
protest is made within a thirty (30) day period, the list shall stand as
correct.
A copy of the seniority list will be sent to the Local Union
at the time of posting.
I’ll check again in the morning, haven’t seen them with an updated list since January/April. In fact, my driver supervisor has had to call our union representative for updated seniority information.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’ll check again in the morning, haven’t seen them with an updated list since January/April. In fact, my driver supervisor has had to call our union representative for updated seniority information.
They sometimes slack off on posting the list unless someone says something about it.

J.D. Hogg

Your seniority date should be on your Local Welcome to the Teamsters letter that you should have received in the mail after you paid your Initiation Fees.

J.D. Hogg

My local union representative said it’s not October. That it’s January or March. He stated to get building seniority, my work has to be in the same classification. Because I drove October to January then started working inside. But this same guy has given me a different answer every time I’ve talked to him. I argued with him for an entire month off and on that 22.4 are guaranteed 8 straight hours if scheduled and not laid off, he finally agreed with me on the phone today. Prior he was telling us we had to split shift regardless to get our