Audting Fedex letters/docs

whenIgetthere

I have a very good customer who told me today she is very upset with Fedex. She said that they've been shipping contracts out in fedex letters for years and have always been charged the letter rate. She said she opened the bill today and found they are now charging by weight over 8 ounces. I told her this was news to me and that I've always been under the assumption that if it fits in the letter, it goes at letter rate. She talked to customer service and they told her they are now auditing all letters. Great job Fedex, to provide more revenue, you're going to screw good longtime customers. She apologized to me and said her boss wants her to switch to UPS!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have a very good customer who told me today she is very upset with Fedex. She said that they've been shipping contracts out in fedex letters for years and have always been charged the letter rate. She said she opened the bill today and found they are now charging by weight over 8 ounces. I told her this was news to me and that I've always been under the assumption that if it fits in the letter, it goes at letter rate. She talked to customer service and they told her they are now auditing all letters. Great job Fedex, to provide more revenue, you're going to screw good longtime customers. She apologized to me and said her boss wants her to switch to UPS!

I'm pretty sure the policy has always been that if it exceeds the 8 oz., you don't get the OL rate. If you want a nasty surprise, try shipping something on your discount.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We just had a guy get fired for abusing his shipping privileges. Funny thing is he had a regular business account too.

Lots of people use the shipping discount for Ground for their eBay businesses they have on the side. You know, so they can eat.

LTFedExer

I'm pretty sure the policy has always been that if it exceeds the 8 oz., you don't get the OL rate. If you want a nasty surprise, try shipping something on your discount.

Overnight letter from CO to NY....~$8.00
2nd day...2 boxes...54 lbs total...~$35.00

I can get ou the exact amounts if you like. Both I shipped in the past 3 weeks, what's the nasty surprise?

HomeDelivery

Lots of people use the shipping discount for Ground for their eBay businesses they have on the side. You know, so they can eat.

Ground has a shipping discount??? maybe for the contractors, but not for their drivers... i asked about that in another thread & consistently has USPS beat both brown & purple on ground deliveries to residential addresses <shrugs>

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You know how many times I pick up envelopes that are about to burst with all the paper that's inside and it's listed at .5lbs?
Screw 'em, they're abusing the letter rate.

STFXG

You know how many times I pick up envelopes that are about to burst with all the paper that's inside and it's listed at .5lbs?
Screw 'em, they're abusing the letter rate.

Probably about as often as I pick up boxes that weigh EXACTLY 150 pounds. Ha

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Overnight letter from CO to NY....~$8.00
2nd day...2 boxes...54 lbs total...~$35.00

I can get ou the exact amounts if you like. Both I shipped in the past 3 weeks, what's the nasty surprise?

I last shipped a few months back and got hit with a fuel surcharge that was nearly as much as the pkg itself.When I appealed it, they denied the appeal and charged me the full amount. I now use USPS Flat Rate packaging.