Ayn Rand Hating Those Despicable Libertarians and Anarchists

wkmac

Rand Hated Libertarians … and Many Libertarians Despise Rand

Many people assume that Ayn Rand was a champion of libertarian thought. But Rand herself pilloried libertarians, condemning libertarianism as being a greater threat to freedom and capitalism than both modern liberalism and conservativism. For example, Rand said:
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies, except that they’re anarchists instead of collectivists. But of course, anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet they want to combine capitalism and anarchism. That is worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism, because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. The anarchist is the scum of the intellectual world of the left, which has given them up. So the right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the Libertarian movement.

Ayn Rand Was Not a Libertarian

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I hope John Stoessel does not see this thread :happy-very:
*edit* I made a poor post there LOL

I didn't know Rand was supportive of a full invasion of Iran.

wow.

Anyway, I would say Stossel makes great points and I enjoy watching his segments when I can. If Rands impression of "Libertarian" is the right-wing version, that's much different than anarchism, so I'd like some clarification there.