Bailout Letter from Airlines

bacha29

A long time. The top people never suffer.
But, here's what you might see happen.
Right now you only have what, about a half a dozen major passenger and freight carriers? In the aftermath banks of the last collapse are now stress tested. They have to hold a certain amount of cash reserves on hand.

Now we have to go in and bail out out the air carriers for the second time in a decade.

Don't be surprised if the air carriers similar to the banks and as a requirement in order to keep in good graces of the FAA are at some time in the not too distant future required to maintain cash reserves and be stress tested in a manner similar to the banks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He knows. It comes to him in visions.

Praying all is well with you and yours!
Keep up the harassment of the bloviator!

I'll ask you too. Where is Space God? Are you defying the directives and still going to church. He will protect you...not.

I have a vision that Fred's Myth lives in a bubble and hasn't had any experience with the real world in 20 years.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But, here's what you might see happen.
Right now you only have what, about a half a dozen major passenger and freight carriers? In the aftermath banks of the last collapse are now stress tested. They have to hold a certain amount of cash reserves on hand.

Now we have to go in and bail out out the air carriers for the second time in a decade.

Don't be surprised if the air carriers similar to the banks and as a requirement in order to keep in good graces of the FAA are at some time in the not too distant future required to maintain cash reserves and be stress tested in a manner similar to the banks.

Been watching that Youtube guy, have you?

bacha29

Been watching that Youtube guy, have you?
Wrong. But answer this question> How many times do you think will the American people tolerate having to bail out the airlines every few years and not demand strict new rules that will ensure the economic viability of the airlines during economic downturns ?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'll ask you too. Where is Space God? Are you defying the directives and still going to church. He will protect you...not.

I have a vision that Fred's Myth lives in a bubble and hasn't had any experience with the real world in 20 years.
And Bloviator avoids answering @floridays direct question by attacking, thus proving once again that he’s full of :poop:.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

God resides in the Temple of your soul that He created.
But in your case I wouldn’t blame him for avoiding yours.

59 Dano

Wrong. But answer this question> How many times do you think will the American people tolerate having to bail out the airlines every few years and not demand strict new rules that will ensure the economic viability of the airlines during economic downturns ?

Well since we don't have to do it every few years, I don't know.

bacha29

Well since we don't have to do it every few years, I don't know.
Since it's about to happen for the second time in a decade I think it would be in the best interests of the airlines to figure out for themselves a way so that it doesn't happen again. If it were to happen for a third time chances are the airlines having proven conclusively that they are unable to function on their on will without question be staring at the prospect of becoming nationalized.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Since it's about to happen for the second time in a decade I think it would be in the best interests of the airlines to figure out for themselves a way so that it doesn't happen again. If it were to happen for a third time chances are the airlines having proven conclusively that they are unable to function on their on will without question be staring at the prospect of becoming nationalized.
Extraordinary circumstances are difficult at best to anticipate, much less have a contingency in place. How many businesses can you name that were directly impacted by 9/11 and this pandemic had contingencies in place?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Extraordinary circumstances are difficult at best to anticipate, much less have a contingency in place. How many businesses can you name that were directly impacted by 9/11 and this pandemic had contingencies in place?

Trump was informed by Intel (Deep State) in January, and again in February that an epidemic was on the way. He ignored them. So, extraordinary circumstances were KNOWN probabilities.

Maybe Trump consulted with famous Christian shyster Paula White before ignoring the briefing information.She is the most prominent of his spiritual advisors, which is akin to having Benny Hinn telling you what to do. For only $91, Paula will sell you a share in her "Faith Hospital".

Send more, because you don't know any better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
:censored2: the airlines.

they made 50B in profits last year. take the good with the bad like everyone else.

They deserve it for plowing all of those tax cuts into stock buybacks, However, we DO need an airline infrastructure, and we DO need a company that builds large commercial airliners and national defense hardware. So, the airlines and Boeing will get bailed out.

When things improve, there should be provisions that require airlines to have a "Rainy Day Fund". Won't ever happen, because the GOP will say it's a hindrance to free capitalism.

59 Dano

:censored2: the airlines.

they made 50B in profits last year. take the good with the bad like everyone else.

In that case, the industry collapses to some degree and is dysfunctional for an extended period of time. The rank and file take the brunt of the hit via job losses.

It's a question of wanting to spend money to keep the industry functional and protect the employees at the bottom. The execs will survive either way.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In that case, the industry collapses to some degree and is dysfunctional for an extended period of time. The rank and file take the brunt of the hit via job losses.

It's a question of wanting to spend money to keep the industry functional and protect the employees at the bottom. The execs will survive either way.
Really not a problem if the airlines pay back the bail out money. did corps do that after the 2008 mess? I really don't know. will have to google that. of course they make the avg american pay in the end.

I do know that Iacoca and his car company did back in another time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And Bloviator avoids answering @floridays direct question by attacking, thus proving once again that he’s full of :poop:.

How can I answer questions that are unknowns? There are no firm amounts and nobody knows how this is going to play out. I think (THINK, as in OPINION) that the economy is going to be in trouble for along time.

floridays likes to attack me because he's even more of a full-blown Space God believer than you. That's the real reason. Another hater, full of the love of Jesus.

Go figure.