Ban on corporate money in campaigns

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The Supreme Court has ruled that Corporation are individuals back in the 1800's.
Recently, the SCOTUS ruled that Corporations cannot be prohibited from political contributions because they are individuals.

If you want to change this, a new Constitutional Amendment (the subject in this article) must be passed by both Houses of congress and signed by the President.
It must then be voted on and approved in 39 States.

I would vote on it myself if I am still alive.

wkmac

The Supreme Court has ruled that Corporation are individuals back in the 1800's.
Recently, the SCOTUS ruled that Corporations cannot be prohibited from political contributions because they are individuals.

If you want to change this, a new Constitutional Amendment (the subject in this article) must be passed by both Houses of congress and signed by the President.
It must then be voted on and approved in 39 States.

I would vote on it myself if I am still alive.

Yep. 14th amendment pretty well sealed that fate. Gov't as a whole is owned lock, stock and barrel by corporations and special interests where people and communities are meaningless except to assure the illusion of democracy on election day. Alexander Hamilton is standing proud and Patrick Henry is saying, "I told you so!"