Be aware....

neverskiplunch

Supervisors and/or Managers in your center maybe putting a status on packages left in building as "known closed". Customers are finding out about this through tracking and drivers are having to explain to them what is happening. I'm sure this has come up prior to now here in the cafe, sorry if this is old news.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How about you look at it from a different angle...

Driver on route 43C in the last 3 weeks on a Tuesday has sheeted package/packages for a certain stop as closed. PDS reads send-again report notes the address and pulls the packages to be held as known closed in the building.

I see you are a new member, new driver also?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Supervisors and/or Managers in your center maybe putting a status on packages left in building as "known closed". Customers are finding out about this through tracking and drivers are having to explain to them what is happening. I'm sure this has come up prior to now here in the cafe, sorry if this is old news.
"Known Closed" is not a status displayed to a customer.
It would be displayed on Internal system's display.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Driver on route 43C in the last 3 weeks on a Tuesday has sheeted package/packages for a certain stop as closed. PDS reads send-again report notes the address and pulls the packages to be held as known closed in the building.

The "K/C" list doesn't take into consideration multi tenant addresses. If you have five consignees at one address and one is closed, the program will hold all five as closed.

kingOFchester

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the morning laugh. Yes, I am sure there are times that you scenario transpires in my building. But, there are many cases of packages getting a closed scan just because they didn't make it to the trucks before we left.

To be fair, this is small potatoes as far as management fudging the numbers.

I also like your line "How about you look at it from a different angle". I think I will use this next time I am called into the den to explain my orion trace/miles. I will start off conversation with " How about you look at it from a different angle, your system if flawed at best".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "K/C" list doesn't take into consideration multi tenant addresses. If you have five consignees at one address and one is closed, the program will hold all five as closed.

There is where the PDS has to go in and manually select only the suite number(s) that are closed for the day or, better yet, you ask them if they would like their pkgs to be redirected to one of their neighboring businesses.

Indecisi0n

I don't have to explain anything. I tell the customer " here call this number (local office) and they will explain it because I have no idea".

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tell customers to call Atlanta. Nothing like having to answer to higher up's to correct things.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have a dental office that is closed every Friday. PDS noticed this on my ORION ride and has held this address every Friday as closed since then. Problem is the dentist rents out the back of the building to a tenant and their stuff gets held also. Tried many times to get it corrected with no success. Now I just go with the flow.

neverskiplunch

Well Dragon I don't need to look at it from a different angle. I see your status is Package Manager. And to answer your question, no I'm not new to this forum and been driving for over 14 years. You can dispute this thread if you like. The managers and/or Sups in my building put this status on packages that dont make it out to the drivers or miss-loads that don't get moved at the end of the day. Part time clerks are asked to perform this task as well. And yes, some of my customers approached me about this matter...wondering what "know closed" meant...when all along...this business is open 24/7. Turns out their packages never made it out of the building on that day...so to make sure these packages get a scan on them before the end of the day...known closed is applied. This happens.....don't under estimate package drivers knowledge of management occurrences, we know more than you think.

OPTION3

Wake up and smell what you are shoveling

giggity

mgt is always screwing the numbers. last week we were called back early due to potential bad weather and we were told NOT to sheet anything as missed b/c it would be taken care of in the bldg. when back in the bldg, each package that wasn't able to be delivered was scanned not as 'missed' but as 'left in bldg'. no idea what that achieved, but not the first time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

mgt is always screwing the numbers. last week we were called back early due to potential bad weather and we were told NOT to sheet anything as missed b/c it would be taken care of in the bldg. when back in the bldg, each package that wasn't able to be delivered was scanned not as 'missed' but as 'left in bldg'. no idea what that achieved, but not the first time

Last week we had the same situation and were told to sheet any unattempted packages as EC.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

Wow dragon did that steal your fire a little. Lol lol lol. Cmon we all know their is packages left that the sups just don't have time to run. No need to cover it up. Look at it from that angle.