Being made to help in a different area?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you know sometimes you drivers act like you are the only ones that work hard around here.everybody at ups works hard some just harder than others .your pay is way more than the op is,so i would say your more compensated then he is.you know the part timers out number drivers at least 3 to 1.

What is your point?

22.34life

What is your point?
my point is that sometimes drivers speak down like you are on some mountain top of ups.like your job is the only one that counts,plenty of people touch that package before you do.In your post you seem to like to play king of the hill,saying things like can you imagine if he was a driver and was asked to help another driver or in another center like nothing could ever be worse than that.why every time sombody complains they are whinning.maybe the op just wants his rights enforced just like yours are,you see unlike drivers who have all their phone calls to their b.a answered and then he comes up to the center to help you out the part timer cant even get the number to his b.a.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
my point is that sometimes drivers speak down like you are on some mountain top of ups.like your job is the only one that counts,plenty of people touch that package before you do.In your post you seem to like to play king of the hill,saying things like can you imagine if he was a driver and was asked to help another driver or in another center like nothing could ever be worse than that.why every time sombody complains they are whinning.maybe the op just wants his rights enforced just like yours are,you see unlike drivers who have all their phone calls to their b.a answered and then he comes up to the center to help you out the part timer cant even get the number to his b.a.

Yes, that is the nature of the beast. Many drivers in my center were giving me the cold shoulder when I switched jobs recently. They thought I was part-time, until I told them I had more FT seniority than they did. They warmed up some after that, but it's pretty rude and I don't forget those that look down on part-timers or anyone for that matter because of job description and seniority.

For those that started P/T, the arrogance is usually less because we've been there and started from scratch. HOwever alot of off the street hires back in the 70s 80s and 90s never saw the hub and just don't understand it.

U

uber

What is your point?

Does everything need to be extrapolated with you? Are you that dense?

I take it you never were a PT employee, or you are so clouded by your standing as an all mighty driver that you cant remember back on the PT daze.

Then again you have almost 11,000 posts on a message board related to a job. If I couldn't find a way to kill my time away if I was a driver any worse than that I would be miserable too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does everything need to be extrapolated with you? Are you that dense?

I take it you never were a PT employee, or you are so clouded by your standing as an all mighty driver that you cant remember back on the PT daze.

Then again you have almost 11,000 posts on a message board related to a job. If I couldn't find a way to kill my time away if I was a driver any worse than that I would be miserable too.

Wow--I'm speechless.

You're right--I was hired off the street (probably before you were born) so, no, I never worked on the inside. The only time I have ever loaded a PC or unloaded a trailer is when I worked on a holiday when we delivered premium products (that would be red/blue/orange for you).

Just curious--if 11,000 posts means the member does not have a life, what does nearly 24,000 posts mean?

Last edited:
U

uber

Wow--I'm speechless.

You're right--I was hired off the street (probably before you were born) so, no, I never worked on the inside. The only time I have ever loaded a PC or unloaded a trailer is when I worked on a holiday when we delivered premium products (that would be red/blue/orange for you).

Just curious--if 11,000 posts means the member does not have a life, what does nearly 24,000 posts mean?

Obviously you shouldn't comment on inside work then and call it cushy when you have no clue what the person is doing.

You probably have been a driver since before I was born, and that makes you nothing else but old.

Your the one saying you have no life. You have 24,000 posts now?

moreluck

golden ticket member
zags....he was referring to me with almost 24,000 posts which is why he got the finger from the old lady in post #26.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wow--I'm speechless.

I thought you were going to be nice.

zags....he was referring to me with almost 24,000 posts which is why he got the finger from the old lady in post #26.
And deservedly so, may I add.:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I thought you were going to be nice.

POW!!!:happy-very:

And deservedly so, may I add.:happy2:
It seems that I hit a nerve with this post. It's funny how Upstate calls me Brown Cafe Lite or the Court Jester, yet takes offense as I poke a little fun his way. Awww, did I hurt your feelings? I really can't believe that you neg repped me for this post. I would return the favor, but my skin is a bit thicker than yours. Here's a picture for you, and it's facing the right way. NOW GO RUFFLE SOMEONE ELSE'S FEATHERS.:happy2:

4349765956_4abd211fdd.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
anyone can. study your loop and crush it. its not hard. its all repeatative.
You're probably right when you say anyone could crush it. The problem would be "crushing" it every day, afterall, it's a marathon, not a sprint.Try coming in everyday and doing this job by the methods, then you'll get my attention.

THE STIG

i agree with you. the "methods" are nice in theory but in the end of the day the company is more concerned about you making them money rather than you using approved methods. some days methods can be used but on other days, peak season for instance, do what you do to survive. you are correct in your statement though. it is a marathon, not a sprint. well said.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i agree with you. the "methods" are nice in theory but in the end of the day the company is more concerned about you making them money rather than you using approved methods. some days methods can be used but on other days, peak season for instance, do what you do to survive. you are correct in your statement though. it is a marathon, not a sprint. well said.
I hear what you're saying, and you're so right about them wanting to make money versus methods. The thing about the methods is this, (sorry for another racing comparison), If you don't do the methods, they will expect you NOT to do them each and every time. If you do use the methods, they will try to add work onto you to see if they can break you from your good habits. Methods are a win/win for us, even during peak time. Work safe and as directed and you won't be overloaded, but you will get OVERtime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To add to what Steve was saying, any on car worth his salt can tell within 5 minutes whether you use the methods regularly or are using them only because he is on the car.

Indy317

Didn't used to be this way, but anymore, I have been told time and time again, seniority doesn't matter a lick. Cutting out workers, work assignment, being sent to a different area, etc. All at managements discretion. I have been the top guy in my area, and been forced to stay the latest by management looking to grind an ax.