Best (funniest) UPS story you have

jugbutt2

OK everyone I need a good laugh, whats the funniest or most unbelievable story that happened in your center. Top this one...we had a driver that had to fill out an injury report because as he made a delivery to a office the guy was bit by a monkey that was with his owner in the office! Yes the driver was fine....as a side note to avoid a lawsuit I believe the monkey was offered a seat on the PAS design team...

As a supervisor, I was riding with a driver. This driver was a bit on the unordinary side, ( I'm being nice with that description). This was quite a few years back, when UPS was still delivering with paper delivery records. I was trying to get him to "get signature first".

We walked into the side door of a dentist's office with 3 small pkgs. We were in a large room behind the front reception counter, with 5 patients in chairs, in various stages of dental treatment, and the entire staff of the office. The driver got the signature first! I was so proud that I was making a note on my checklist of how good he had done. As he wrote down the last shipper number, he smiled broadly at me, raised his right leg, and very loudly relieved himself of a large quantity of intestinal gas - turned and walked out the door, leaving me to face everyone in the place.

What could I say?? I apologized profusely, and left the building.

I could fill a book with stupid things this one driver did, but time would prohibit me right now. :funny:

This story was told to me by our local's BA, so it's prolly not totally true. LOL.
A driver who was a royal pain in the butt for mangmnt was finally fired for excessive absenteeism. Of course he grieved the termination. After 3 or 4 months of hearings being deadlocked an arbitrator finally reinstated him w/ back pay. The day he was supposed to report back to work, he called in sick. Now THAT takes some balls.

Big Babooba

Last year I had a lady on my route ask me if I got cold during the winter because my truck didn't have doors. I told her that I was driving a summer truck. I said that all the winter trucks with the doors were in storage and won't go on the road until the autumn, then the summer trucks will be stored for the winter.:wink2: She fell for it hook, line & sinker.

A couple of weeks ago I,m doing the pick up at the mens wharehouse and when I come out, there he is (security guard) infront of my brown with his golf car and little lights on, he tells me that he noticed that I go to the same place every time and thast I,m parked on the main raod, which is a shoping center, believe me as he is talking to me I,m laughing so hard ot he point that he got so mad and tell me to keep moving, I replied yes mall cop.

I have so many, one day the power went out and they had us running around on the conveyor belts pushing boxes, all the while they had sprayed wax on the parts that that the boxes were getting stuck on. It was like slip 'n slide as a child.