Bid sheet

1989NW

I put my name on a bid sheet along with about six other people. I have the highest seniority on the list, the next person below me is a whole year behind me on the seniority list. When I wrote my seniority date down apparently I put the wrong month so my supervisor is telling me that I do not get the bid even though I have the highest seniority because I put down the wrong seniority date. Can they do that? At first I thought he was just joking, i laughed. But he said "no im dead serious you need to know what your seniority date is".

I put my name on a bid sheet along with about six other people. I have the highest seniority on the list, the next person below me is a whole year behind me on the seniority list. When I wrote my seniority date down apparently I put the wrong month so my supervisor is telling me that I do not get the bid even though I have the highest seniority because I put down the wrong seniority date. Can they do that? At first I thought he was just joking, i laughed. But he said "no im dead serious you need to know what your seniority date is".
File a grievance. That's BS

HR goes back and confirms your seniority date. Your supervisor is out of the loop on who wins which bid.

Mooseknuckle

I've seen almost entire bid sheets have "on file" for seniority dates of everyone. They sort it out. This is your opportunity to show your supervisor that YOU are dead serious and he needs to learn YOUR contract to do HIS job.
Having said that I have seen morons that add a year or two to their dates on EVERY bid sheet. That is being dishonest and not cool. Never seen it actually work. It's like some people just have to try to get away with stuff in every situation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The Labor Dept verifies and awards the bid. (with HR if necessary)

After all.... it would be the Labor Dept on the hook, if it was improperly awarded.

Your supervisor is out of the loop on who wins which bid.

Even the Center, Building, or Division managers are out of the loop.

It's not their job.

-Bug-

The Labor Dept verifies and awards the bid. (with HR if necessary)

After all.... it would be the Labor Dept on the hook, if it was improperly awarded.

Even the Center, Building, or Division managers are out of the loop.

It's not their job.

-Bug-
I think all of our bids go to Earth City to be sorted out by the district.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think all of our bids go to Earth City to be sorted out by the district.

Being that Earth City is an "actual" hub, that's probably the closest Labor Dept.

There's way too much liability involved.... for someone local to do it.

(especially with a 90 day look back provision in the Central)

-Bug-