Bidding to cover driver

Inputnamehere

Hi. My question is is there a certain number of days that must be worked before signing an intent or bid sheet for a new classification?

I work prepaid right now and was hired early October. I made my 30 days and am a union member paying dues etc.

My intent is to eventually be a full time RPCD, which I know may or may not take years, that’s fine.

There is a bid sheet up for inside employees for cover driver, which is a step in the right direction for me. Can I bid right now? I thought I read somewhere 6 months.

thanks

542thruNthru

Hi. My question is is there a certain number of days that must be worked before signing an intent or bid sheet for a new classification?

I work prepaid right now and was hired early October. I made my 30 days and am a union member paying dues etc.

My intent is to eventually be a full time RPCD, which I know may or may not take years, that’s fine.

There is a bid sheet up for inside employees for cover driver, which is a step in the right direction for me. Can I bid right now? I thought I read somewhere 6 months.

thanks

Just sign it. Worst they could do is tell you no.

thanks
6 months but the contract also says the company must hire 6 people from the inside for every one outside hire. In my building the company has exhausted all of the PT with any interest in being a delivery driver. So you would be given the opportunity to qualify ahead of anyone off the street. Sign it.

KOG72

I’m full of it

thanks
How does this prepaid thing work???