Biden Want's You To Pay To Rebuild The Francis Scott Key Bridge, But Want's The Corporations Responsible To Pay For The East Palestine Derailment

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why so different about the two. No talk at all about Grace Ocean being held responsible?

Biden February 2024:

Biden promised to hold the train operator accountable.

"My administration ordered Norfolk Southern to clean up the mess it created and ensure it was done right," he said. "That includes an executive order I signed to continue our priority to hold Norfolk Southern fully accountable for this disaster and any long term effects that are able to be identified as time goes on."

Biden March 2024 on the Key Bridge only hours after the collapse:

"The federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort.”

The cargo ship Dali is owned by Grace Ocean Private Ltd, of Singapore flag. Why no talk about this evil greedy corporation paying?

DriverNerd

I am sure they're planning on suing them for the cost of the bridge and cleanup, but I don't think they want to wait to collect the money before replacing the bridge. It's a priority to replace it as soon as possible. Get money from Congress, replace immediately, worry about reimbursement later.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am sure they're planning on suing them for the cost of the bridge and cleanup, but I don't think they want to wait to collect the money before replacing the bridge. It's a priority to replace it as soon as possible. Get money from Congress, replace immediately, worry about reimbursement later.

The company has already filed paperwork to get out of paying for the bridge.

Maybe Biden's Justice department could get involved if they ever get tired of weaponizing the judicial system against Democrats' political enemies.

rickyb

Why so different about the two. No talk at all about Grace Ocean being held responsible?

Biden February 2024:

Biden promised to hold the train operator accountable.

"My administration ordered Norfolk Southern to clean up the mess it created and ensure it was done right," he said. "That includes an executive order I signed to continue our priority to hold Norfolk Southern fully accountable for this disaster and any long term effects that are able to be identified as time goes on."

Biden March 2024 on the Key Bridge only hours after the collapse:

"The federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort.”

The cargo ship Dali is owned by Grace Ocean Private Ltd, of Singapore flag. Why no talk about this evil greedy corporation paying?
the real news has covered east palestine which shares something in common with middle east palestine as they are both sacrifice zones.

Wally

The company has already filed paperwork to get out of paying for the bridge.

Maybe Biden's Justice department could get involved if they ever get tired of weaponizing the judicial system against Democrats' political enemies.
Biden was playing the greedy corporate card when he finally visited Ohio, you could hear crickets when it comes to the company that destroyed the bridge?

Biden should be saying, we (Americans) will settle for nothing less that full reimbursement for the cost of repairing the bridge. Doesn't matter how it happened, their boat, their liability.

vantexan

Biden was playing the greedy corporate card when he finally visited Ohio, you could hear crickets when it comes to the company that destroyed the bridge?

Biden should be saying, we (Americans) will settle for nothing less that full reimbursement for the cost of repairing the bridge. Doesn't matter how it happened, their boat, their liability.
Baltimore is heavily black and Biden isn't going to risk black votes. He could write off East Palestine, OH because they're white Republicans.

Last edited:

Wally

Baltimore is heavily black and Biden is going to risk black votes. He could write off East Palestine, OH because they're white Republicans.
Black voters don't get, you break it, you gonna' pay what it costs to fix it?

Something else is going on.

vantexan

Black voters don't get, you break it, you gonna' pay what it costs to fix it?

Something else is going on.
Might be but I don't think the Democrats are going to risk more black votes when polls indicate they're already losing quite a few to Trump.

trickpony1

Might be but I don't think the Democrats are going to risk more black votes when polls indicate they're already losing quite a few to Trump.
I don't think the Dems are worried about this.
In my opinion, the immigrants crossing the border are being romanced into voting Democrat.

There's more immigrants than blacks in Baltimore.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't think the Dems are worried about this.
In my opinion, the immigrants crossing the border are being romanced into voting Democrat.

There's more immigrants than blacks in Baltimore.
The democrats are not afraid of voting consequences anymore, they will rig it again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A closed port means no goods in or out of the country.
The media has been hyping about the amount of new vehicles that are shipped from this port, along with heavy machinery.
Could it be that other things, nobody wants to talk about, are also moved thru this port ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No need to worry about this bridge, some very concerned people have suggested that the bridge be rebuilt & renamed because Francis Scott Key might have been a racist.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I don’t really care what Biden wants because I am sitting here patiently waiting for a refund on my gosh darn student loans.
I check the mailbox every day. I graduated from an all woman catholic college in Milwaukee. I paid my loans off. I’m waiting for my refund check.

Can somebody check on that for me, please?

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t really care what Biden wants because I am sitting here patiently waiting for a refund on my gosh darn student loans.
I check the mailbox every day. I graduated from an all woman catholic college in Milwaukee. I paid my loans off. I’m waiting for my refund check.

Can somebody check on that for me, please?
The check is in the mail.